[SOLVED] Conda compilations are failing on all platforms (no weekly builds)

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Conda compilations are failing on all platforms (no weekly builds)

Post by adrianinsaval »

No the commit hash corresponds to that revision number plus we can see on the repo where the conda package is made that the compilations are failing: https://github.com/looooo/freecad-feeds ... its/master (click the red X on each commit to see more details)

The bundle shows as published yesterday because it is made automatically and it's just creating a bundle from the latest version available, it does not know if that version is the same as it already was uploaded so it just uploads again.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for the explanation. So no 1GB download today.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

oursland wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:30 pm I ran into this while attempting to get a macOS build on M1/M2 Apple Silicon functioning. The issue is that the CMakeLists.txt files for Fem and MeshPart mods set the C++ standard to C++14, as a requirement to build `smesh`. The recently modified code uses the C++17 feature of automated template type deduction, and will not compile in C++14.

I am uncertain if setting the standard to C++14 is still necessary, but in my branch I reverted the commit that introduced these and it built successfully: https://github.com/oursland/FreeCAD/com ... 6d38315049
where you building on conda? using the conda smesh package? if you confirm this I'll make a PR on master to revert that commit so that the automatic builds can work again.
oursland

Post by oursland »

Yes, I am building with conda using the conda-provided smesh package and the CMake parameter FREECAD_USE_EXTERNAL_SMESH:BOOL=ON.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

kind of good news, reverting that commit worked (mac arm build still failing on CI but I don't know if they worked before? seems unrelated) and the issue with uploading packages to conda seems to be resolved, new builds are available on conda, from these packages new bundles are available for windows. However for macOS and linux the bundling is still failing, https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... 7919675914 the error message mentions libfmt, maybe we are missing that package or is not being bundled correctly?
The worse part is that the automated process deleted the previous appimage :?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Found the problem, an fmt package is being installed (likely as dependency of something else) when building the linux and macOS conda packages but it is not installed when installing the freecad package in conda, so it is then missing at runtime causing errors, which makes the bundling process fail.

On windows fmt is not installed during the build process or at least not detected by cmake, so it downloads and builds fmt from source so it's packaged with freecad so there's no error at runtime so the bundling works.

Made a PR to the feedstock repo with what I think is how to add fmt as dependency:
https://github.com/looooo/freecad-feedstock/pull/13

but I don't know if looo will be available to merge it, so I also made a PR to the bundle repo as workaround for macOS and linux:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bundle/pull/160

let's see what the CI says

edit: workaround in bundle repo worked and is merged, new bundles are now available
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:10 pm edit: workaround in bundle repo worked and is merged, new bundles are now available
thanks a lot! :D
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

easyw-fc wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:26 pm
adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:10 pm edit: workaround in bundle repo worked and is merged, new bundles are now available
thanks a lot! :D
Unfortunately the bundles were created an hour too early, there's a pretty serious commit git commit 2ed9607 that fixes the opening of any old Path project file even if it was created this afternoon (and maybe other Python workbenches), sorry all my fault.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: [SOLVED] Conda compilations are failing on all platforms (no weekly builds)

Post by adrianinsaval »

Syres wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:33 pm Unfortunately the bundles were created an hour too early, there's a pretty serious commit git commit 2ed9607 that fixes the opening of any old Path project file even if it was created this afternoon (and maybe other Python workbenches), sorry all my fault.
the bundle is very fresh but the actual build is from 12h ago so there was no chance to catch this fix, unfortunately since loo is not around we can't really trigger a new build manually, next automatic build should be on sunday. Path users should probably wait until then before updating.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: [SOLVED] Conda compilations are failing on all platforms (no weekly builds)

Post by easyw-fc »

nightly may have some issue sometimes...
it seems anyway they will fast be recovered...
Thanks to all for contributing to this nice piece of sw :D