[Sketcher] Distance to circle

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
davidosterberg

Re: [Sketcher] Distance to circle

Post by davidosterberg »

paddle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:32 pm So you can create a distance constraint and put two circles as the parameters. It's just that the solver won't solve it. Is that right?
In which case question is : in which solver do we need to add support to this new kind of constraint ? Because if I'm not mistaken there're several solvers no?
Nope. I have done what is needed for the solver to understand the constraint. But I have not done anything to the ViewProvider yet. I think I need to handle how the dimensional constraint should be visualized on the screen.

PR here (work in progress):
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/5439
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

davidosterberg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:33 pm
paddle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:32 pm So you can create a distance constraint and put two circles as the parameters. It's just that the solver won't solve it. Is that right?
In which case question is : in which solver do we need to add support to this new kind of constraint ? Because if I'm not mistaken there're several solvers no?
Nope. I have done what is needed for the solver to understand the constraint. But I have not done anything to the ViewProvider yet. I think I need to handle how the dimensional constraint should be visualized on the screen.

PR here (work in progress):
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/5439
Looks good. I don't know the structure of this part of the code so I'm won't be very usefull. I know mostly how the constrain tool works up to the gui::command function.
flachyjoe
Veteran

Post by flachyjoe »

Hi,
FYI I'm working on the implementation of the circle to circle distance constraint. The general cases and the concentric one are treat.

See https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/8745

I plane to write line to circle and point to circle too.
- Flachy Joe -
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Distance circle-to-circle is merged. Congratulations.

@chrisb

Be advised that this has been merged and now is an option, and questions will surely arise in the help forum...
flachyjoe
Veteran

Post by flachyjoe »

Thank you abdullah and openBrain for the help with this first substantial commit I write. :)
- Flachy Joe -
Haavard

Post by Haavard »

flachyjoe wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:17 pm Thank you abdullah and openBrain for the help with this first substantial commit I write. :)
Nice work @flachyjoe!
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

abdullah wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:18 pm Be advised that this has been merged and now is an option, and questions will surely arise in the help forum...
Waiting for it to come to the distro :D .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Piero69

Post by Piero69 »

great! unfortunately since over a month a new build is a chimera :D

abdullah wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:18 pm Distance circle-to-circle is merged. Congratulations.

@chrisb

Be advised that this has been merged and now is an option, and questions will surely arise in the help forum...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Piero69 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:28 am great! unfortunately since over a month a new build is a chimera :D
I have just seen that the revision number hasn't changed, but it seems to have been updated yesterday. My version dates from the 4th of march and has revision number 32198. The same was published yesterday.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

Has the problem with build system has been solved?

I remember that there were some problem in "conda build systems" that will make the build fails with newer versions of some library.

I'm using actually an adrianinsaval version for Arch Linux so I can't use conda build and AppImages for master anymore, but I remember some error reports somewhere in the install and compile forum.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/