connecting CCX results to the result pipeline system

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

din743

Re: connecting CCX results to the result pipeline system

Post by din743 »

Thank you NewJoker, that was indeed the issue. I apparently picked the wrong WIndows weekly build. I had picked the Python 3.10 version which is almost 300 commits behind the Python 3.8 build. I assumed both were up to date.

Thank you again uwestoehr for this big usability improvement.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

din743 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:45 pm Thank you again uwestoehr for this big usability improvement.
Thanks for testing. As I wrote, it is not yet complete.
However, I would like to get feedback. Does it work nicely for you? What could be improved or changed?

Meanwhile I uploaded a new weekly for Windows. This contains the new features of being able to cut results with a cylinder or a box. It also comes with fixed examples files.
din743

Post by din743 »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:59 am Thanks for testing. As I wrote, it is not yet complete.
However, I would like to get feedback. Does it work nicely for you? What could be improved or changed?

Meanwhile I uploaded a new weekly for Windows. This contains the new features of being able to cut results with a cylinder or a box. It also comes with fixed examples files.
Where can I find the new Windows weekly build? On the Freecad weekly build page ([https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bun ... kly-builds) the builds still seem to be have the same commit numbers as last week (FreeCAD_weekly-builds-31917-2023-03-12-conda-Windows-x86_64-py310 and FreeCAD_weekly-builds-32198-2023-03-12-conda-Windows-x86_64-py38).

It would be nice to have some indication if the FEM results and the mesh are no longer up to date. For example if a constraint was changed, the mesh element size was modified,... you get some sort of indication that the results or mesh need to be recalculated. If you now open a file you don't know if the results are for the input values in the file.

Is there a plan to also add an option to the ConstraintForce to input the force as values along the x, y and z axis? How can I now easily apply a force with 1000 N in the x direction and 100 N in the y direction on the same surface?
An option or a constraint to apply a torque would also be a welcome addition.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

din743 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 pm Where can I find the new Windows weekly build? On the Freecad weekly build page ([https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bun ... kly-builds) the builds still seem to be have the same commit numbers as last week
But there you already find the latest weekly:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... taller.exe
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

din743 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 pm It would be nice to have some indication if the FEM results and the mesh are no longer up to date. For example if a constraint was changed, the mesh element size was modified,... you get some sort of indication that the results or mesh need to be recalculated. If you now open a file you don't know if the results are for the input values in the file.
This is hard to achieve. Take for example the case the user changes a the force in a force constraint but don't recalculate the analysis and close the document. Days later he opens the document. There is no information that the existing mesh does not fit to the set force.
I can try to add a new property for the result pipeline to store the info that it has to be recalculated.
din743 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 pm Is there a plan to also add an option to the ConstraintForce to input the force as values along the x, y and z axis?
Not yet because just specifying this (which is an easy task to program) does not mean the solvers understand or respect these settings. So first when we add support for a solver or solver equation that can handle forces in different directions, the feature will be built in for the force constraint.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:59 am Thanks for testing. As I wrote, it is not yet complete.
Now it is complete (works also for frequency and buckling analysis):
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/8903

I will provide a new weekly to test this the next days.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:30 pm I will provide a new weekly to test this the next days.
As usual, it took me longer, but meanwhile I could add further FEM features, I will report about in a new thread.

Here is the new build to test the new features: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... taller.exe
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:26 pm I could add further FEM features, I will report about in a new thread.
Here it is: viewtopic.php?t=77149