Manjaro AUR build looking for verdict

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

Manjaro AUR build looking for verdict

Post by drmacro »

@adrianinsaval

As of the last couple days the AUR build in Majaro is looking for an unmet dep of verdict.

I understand AUR works in Arch, but, it definitely still fails in Manjaro.

Is it as simple as installing the verdict package?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Manjaro AUR build looking for verdict

Post by adrianinsaval »

yes, in order to build you need to install all declared dependencies. I had to add a couple extra dependencies for arch due to vtk 9.2 update, the update may not have reached manjaro yet but installing those packages won't hurt you. Use the -s argument when running makepkg so it installs those dependencies.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

adrianinsaval wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:11 pm yes, in order to build you need to install all declared dependencies. I had to add a couple extra dependencies for arch due to vtk 9.2 update, the update may not have reached manjaro yet but installing those packages won't hurt you. Use the -s argument when running makepkg so it installs those dependencies.
As of this post, installing vertdict made no difference. The update of freecad-git can't resolve verdict.

I don't run makepkg, I assume that pamac does that somehow.

I also can't find a vtk higher than 9.1.

:(
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

can you be more explicit? how are you trying to update? what error message do you get? As last resort if vtk 9.2 is not yet on manjaro you can edit the pkgbuild and remove the new dependencies from the list, verdict and adios2
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I'll quote myself from the AUR page comments:
adrianinsaval wrote:For manajro users if the build suddenly stops working it usually is because the pkgbuild has been adapted to a recent arch update that hasn't reached you yet, archlinux is obviously priority here so for those cases it's up to you to rollback the pkgbuild to the previous state and make it work. In this page there is functionality to check what recent changes have been made to the pkgbuild: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/ ... reecad-git rollback the changes in your local copy as necessary up to the last time it was working on manjaro, eventually manjaro will catch up and you will need the latest pkgbuild again.