how to activate WallShearStress

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

haegar

Re: how to activate WallShearStress

Post by haegar »

I will try to make the files small enough to get them posted, but it may take a little while.

Thanks in advance!
Regards from Teltow, Germany
Achim
haegar

Post by haegar »

Hi, @thschrader
we have to do it in another way. The .step-File is bigger than the cleaned up FC-file. :(

I will upload all the data to my Google-drive and will send you the link. OK?
Achim
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

haegar wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:40 am Hi, @thschrader
we have to do it in another way. The .step-File is bigger than the cleaned up FC-file. :(

I will upload all the data to my Google-drive and will send you the link. OK?
Thats fine, thanks.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

haegar wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:38 am WallShearStress works fine for me now in steady mode. When I try to use it in transient mode, the WallShearStress array appears, and the results seem to be reasonable, but all the other arrays (pressure, velocity, etc.) have vanished. Is this a bug? Do I need to switch something more?
You probably need to use

Code: Select all

writeControl    writeTime;
    writeInterval   1;
This will cause the wallShearStress output to be written at the same time as the rest of the output. At the moment, it is being written every time step, whereas pressure, velocity etc are written less frequently.
haegar

Post by haegar »

@oliveroxtoby and @thschrader ,

thanks for your feedback. I am just in a hurry - therefore only a short reaction

Oliver, your hint seems to point in the right direction. After changing writeControl to timeStep (!) (writeTime did not work at all), the run at least started but crashed after initialization

Thomas, I will prepare the data anyway

Code: Select all

13:10:51  
job aborted:
[ranks] message

[0] application aborted
aborting  (comm=0x84000000), error 1, comm rank 0

[1] application aborted
aborting  (comm=0x84000000), error 1, comm rank 1

[2] application aborted
aborting  (comm=0x84000000), error 1, comm rank 2

[3] application aborted
aborting  (comm=0x84000000), error 1, comm rank 3

---- error analysis -----

[0-3] on DESKTOP-2AJ8STV
C:/PROGRA~1/BLUECF~1/OpenFOAM-8/platforms/mingw_w64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/interFoam aborted the job. abort code 1

Achim
haegar

Post by haegar »

... as I said yesterday, I was in a hurry ... :oops:

@oliveroxtoby, you were right. writeTime is the solution. My simulation is running now. Yesterday I modified the controlDict in the wrong place. I changed the parameter in the upper part of controlDict which was written by CFDOF. The right place is to insert the 2 lines in the wallShearStress function in the lower part. THANKS!

@thschrader, thanks for your willingness to analyze my simulation model. In the moment it does not seem to be neccessary any longer, but I will come back to you if another issue will pop up. ;)
Achim