help with modeling a telescope mount

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jrg

help with modeling a telescope mount

Post by jrg »

I am working to customize my amateur telescope mount and will ultimately be machining some custom pieces that attach to the mount. In order to design this piece I need to create a basic model of the telescope mount and the telescope. I have all the detailed measurements of the mount and telescope and want to create an assembly that can move and I look for collisions between the telescope and the mount and then later the custom optical pieces I add in. So I'm looking to get someone to create the 3D model in FreeCAD from the measurements I have.

I'm new to FreeCAD and have been learning but think this is something that someone with experience can do relatively quickly and also best select the right assembly add-on to use. I think it is simplest to pay by the hour for creating this design. If you are interested please let me know your rate and availability. Thanks!
onekk
Veteran

Re: help with modeling a telescope mount

Post by onekk »

I'm interested, we could talk using this forum PM.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
keithsloan52
Veteran

Post by keithsloan52 »

jrg wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:57 am I am working to customize my amateur telescope mount and will ultimately be machining some custom pieces that attach to the mount. In order to design this piece I need to create a basic model of the telescope mount and the telescope. I have all the detailed measurements of the mount and telescope and want to create an assembly that can move and I look for collisions between the telescope and the mount and then later the custom optical pieces I add in. So I'm looking to get someone to create the 3D model in FreeCAD from the measurements I have.

I'm new to FreeCAD and have been learning but think this is something that someone with experience can do relatively quickly and also best select the right assembly add-on to use. I think it is simplest to pay by the hour for creating this design. If you are interested please let me know your rate and availability. Thanks!
You might want to to checkout
Image 11-02-2023 at 21.30.jpg
Image 11-02-2023 at 21.30.jpg (75.47 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
see viewtopic.php?style=10&t=66567
and https://github.com/ljplessis/Nikra-DAP