[ ArchSketch - Feature (Merged) Preview ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
markko martin

Re: [ ArchSketch - Feature Preview ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

Post by markko martin »

paullee wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:14 pm Weekly builds with above merged PR released :D
- FreeCAD_weekly-builds-31625-2023-01-19-conda-Linux-x86_64-py310
I updated everything :D but unfortunately I can't change the structure of the wall.

Freecad shows me the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\FreeCAD_SketchArch\SketchArchCommands.py", line 52, in addSelection
self.proceed(doc, obj, sub, pnt)
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\FreeCAD_SketchArch\ArchSketchObject.py", line 1182, in proceed
slabEdgesList = self.targetStructure.ArchSketchEdges
<class 'AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'ArchSketchEdges'
Attachments
Wall_Structure.FCStd
(11.42 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Animation.gif
Animation.gif (845.27 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
Loris
paullee
Veteran

Re: [ ArchSketch - Feature Merged ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

Post by paullee »

markko martin wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:17 pm I updated everything :D but unfortunately I can't change the structure of the wall.
Hmm... I see what you are expecting but it is not current workflow available -
  1. You need an Arch Structure object for the Edit Structure button to work
  2. Create the Structure first by selecting the underlying ArchSketch, and click Arch Structure button in Arch WB

Then, in SketchArch add-on -
(not very handy needs to switch wb right ? :) )
paullee wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:07 am Workflow Example
  1. Select the Arch Structure Object
  2. Click the SketchArch - Edit Structure button
  3. It make the underlying ArchSketch enter Edit mode
  4. Select the edges (to form a closed loop) as profile of the Structure object
  5. (select the edges again to remove them from forming the profile)
It may be more intuitive for the new Edit Structure command to create an Arch Structure if none exist.

Is that you are expecting ? Welcome to create an issue on the Github :D

EDIT - see screencapture

I note there is an 'inherent' Arch Structure issue, it is extruding along the +Z direction, but I would expect it go -Z direction.

Is that all users expect ? I made Arch Wall to extrude in Z direction based on the Sketch object. Currently Arch Structure does not. If it the above is most users expect, we can make it default. Otherwise, users needs to edit the Normal attribute to make it extrudes in -Z direction.
Screenshot from 2023-01-23 08-58-37.png
Screenshot from 2023-01-23 08-58-37.png (235.22 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
markko martin

Re: [ ArchSketch - Feature Merged ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

Post by markko martin »

paullee wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:55 am not very handy needs to switch wb right ?
It's quite uncomfortable but at this stage it's acceptable ;)
paullee wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:55 am It may be more intuitive for the new Edit Structure command to create an Arch Structure if none exist.

Is that you are expecting ? Welcome to create an issue on the Github :D
I don't know if that's correct. I haven't created slab object yet and I already want to modify the structure of the slab ?!?

Now It's not possible to change the structure of a wall.
In the future many different commands be created such as :
1) modify the structure of the wall ,
2) modify the structure of the stair ,
3) modify the structure of the terrain ?
Or will there be a single command that will recognize the selected object type and allow me to modify it?
paullee wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:55 am note there is an 'inherent' Arch Structure issue, it is extruding along the +Z direction, but I would expect it go -Z direction.
Is that all users expect ?
I would expect it go -Z direction
Loris
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

markko martin wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:29 pm I don't know if that's correct. I haven't created slab object yet and I already want to modify the structure of the slab ?!?

Now It's not possible to change the structure of a wall.
In the future many different commands be created such as :
1) modify the structure of the wall ,
2) modify the structure of the stair ,
3) modify the structure of the terrain ?
Or will there be a single command that will recognize the selected object type and allow me to modify it?
paullee wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:55 am note there is an 'inherent' Arch Structure issue, it is extruding along the +Z direction, but I would expect it go -Z direction.
Is that all users expect ?
I would expect it go -Z direction
Thanks, feel free to make an Issue at Github :)
paullee
Veteran

Re: [ ArchSketch - Feature Preview ] - Slab, Curtain Wall, ArchWall etc. on Same ArchSketch

Post by paullee »

markko martin wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:17 pm Freecad shows me the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\FreeCAD_SketchArch\SketchArchCommands.py", line 52, in addSelection
self.proceed(doc, obj, sub, pnt)
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\FreeCAD_SketchArch\ArchSketchObject.py", line 1182, in proceed
slabEdgesList = self.targetStructure.ArchSketchEdges
<class 'AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'ArchSketchEdges'

Ok, quick fix first, uploaded to github - https://github.com/paullee0/FreeCAD_SketchArch

SketchArch Add-on Files Updated at github -
  1. ArchSketchObject.py
    ArchSketchObject.py
    (107.33 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
markko martin

Post by markko martin »

paullee wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:15 am Ok, quick fix first, uploaded to github
Thanks Paulee for the fix.
Now everything is ok :-)

As soon as I can I register in github and I make an Issue at Github for extrusion along the +Z direction
Loris