Cam modelling

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Noel McD

Cam modelling

Post by Noel McD »

I recently installed FreeCAD to model a simple cam (valve train) mechanism but have decided that the learning curve is too steep for me and therefore would rather pay a experienced FreeCad user to do the work. To start, the modelling only needs to be 2D. It consists of two "penny on a stick" valves at 80 dgrees and cam lift data in a spreadsheet. The cam lift data determines the valve duration and lift. The cam data may be the same or different for each valve. The objective is to vary the cam data (lift and phasing) and determine the valve to valve separation at the head ( the "penny") as the valves reach their closest separation. The valves are linked to a simple pushrod and rocker mechanism which is driven by the cam/s. I can provide a dxf file of the valves,rocker and pushrod in position for import as well as sample cam data in .xls showing lift vs cam degrees rotation. Final variable is valve/s diameter. Obviously valve diameter is related to valve/valve clearance.
Anyone interested?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Cam modelling

Post by chrisb »

Hi,
we sure are under surveillance of spammers, thus I have remove your mailaddress. People who want to contact you, can do so by PM.

If you are aware of the risks, you may of course add your mail address again to the post.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Cam modelling

Post by chrisb »

I have an idea what you want, but there are many degrees of freedom left. The more information you give, the better. You may add a handscribbled doodle, the dxf file or a screenshot of it, the structure of the data or the data themselves, ...
The objective is to vary the cam data
This is a core statement: should the changes be made in the given data, then it would need quite some python knowledge to realize your job, or can they be made somewhere in the parametric model?

We have done some models here as a community effort, which means you donate to the project. Would that be a possible business model for you too?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.