Select multiple edges in path workbench

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
blackened163

Select multiple edges in path workbench

Post by blackened163 »

Hello,

I am looking for a way to select all edges on the inside of these hexagons in the path workbench to mill them (using the profile mode). I do not find any related topic towards this. I am aware of the p,l shortcut to select one edge of each hexagon manually and get the other edges of that single hexagon automatically.

For this design (see attachment), it is possible to do it all manually with the p,l shortcut but in the future I would like to add much more features. Is there any way to select all edges for example by drawing a rectangle which automatically select all edges inside the drawn rectangle?

Thanks in advance for any help or information!
Attachments
HexagonPath.PNG
HexagonPath.PNG (27.25 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Select multiple edges in path workbench

Post by chrisb »

Use the top or bottom face and "Process holes".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

you don't attach your file, so we don't know how you created the Array
if you select the face and order the chamfers you will also have chamfers on the outer edges (see my picture)
you can make a "punch" in Part with chamfers under the head, an Array in Draft and a Boolean subtraction
Attachments
chanfreins.PNG
chanfreins.PNG (21.97 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

You could try FreeCAD Linkstage3 branch of user @realthunder, There is powerful selecting options, you can select edge, wire, face, shell, solid.
I don't remember if multiple wires is one of the options, I can't access Linkstage3 ATM. I will confirm, you can give it a try as well.
blackened163

Post by blackened163 »

Thank you all very much for the help
chrisb wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:30 pm Use the top or bottom face and "Process holes".
When I activated the Process holes checkbox it does exactly what I want, thank you! I did not know this existed.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You're welcome.
Moved to Path forum (just for the record).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.