Using PlaneGCS as the sketch constraint solver in SALOME

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cbourcier

Using PlaneGCS as the sketch constraint solver in SALOME

Post by cbourcier »

Dear FreeCAD developers,

The SALOME team (CEA-EDF) is currently developing a new parametric modeller for numerical simulation to replace SALOME GEOM. This new SALOME module is named SHAPER. Its first public release is planned in 2018.

Like GEOM and FreeCAD, SHAPER is based on the OCC library.

We have integrated FreeCAD's PlaneGCS as the constraints solver, which gives good results. This is a great library, congratulations for this work.

However, we are facing some limitations (mostly in the DOF computation), that other SALOME developers will explain more precisely in a next message to request some help.

Thank you and best regards,

Christophe
yorik
Founder

Re: Using PlaneGCS as the sketch constraint solver in SALOME

Post by yorik »

Hi Christophe,

Great to see you here!

Unfortunately the main guy who originally coded PlaneGCS (@logari81) didn't contribute to FreeCAD since a very long time, but I think @abdullah and @wmayer have dived into it more recently... So probably we'll be at the same point as you guys regarding PlaneGCS.

Anyway, would be awesome to have some form of collaboration between our two projects. Looking forward to this!
blacey

Post by blacey »

cbourcier wrote:Dear FreeCAD developers,

The SALOME team (CEA-EDF) is currently developing a new parametric modeller for numerical simulation to replace SALOME GEOM. This new SALOME module is named SHAPER. Its first public release is planned in 2018.
Christophe
Hi Christope, sounds great. Not to hijack your post but I have what I hope is a quick question... We have a few simple patches to Salome MED-file required for building properly on macOS. What process should we follow so these will be incorporated into the next MED-file release?
cbourcier

Post by cbourcier »

blacey wrote:
Hi Christope, sounds great. Not to hijack your post but I have what I hope is a quick question... We have a few simple patches to Salome MED-file required for building properly on macOS. What process should we follow so these will be incorporated into the next MED-file release?
Hi blacey,

Your link gives a 404 error. Can you check it?

Christophe
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Somehow I missed this post.

I am not an expert, but if you have questions I will try my best to answer them :)

Regards,
abdullah
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

cbourcier wrote:
blacey wrote:
Hi blacey,

Your link gives a 404 error. Can you check it?

Christophe
Here is another link to the patches: https://github.com/FreeCAD/homebrew-fre ... .patch.zip
Context: https://github.com/FreeCAD/homebrew-fre ... -280418236
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
blacey

Post by blacey »

blacey wrote: Your link gives a 404 error. Can you check it?
Christophe
Sorry about that - the Home-brew team accepted the med-file formula that we contributed. Here is a link to a viewable form of the diffs in addition to the download link that @Kunda1 provided. Thanks in advance for your help.
cbourcier

Post by cbourcier »

Hi,

The two changes regarding the HDF types and MEDequivInfo signature had already been fixed in medfichier-3.2.1, that will be provided with Salome 8.2.0 (download will be available soon... maybe tomorrow).

The other changes regarding the include of <utility> and the CMakefile fix are now integrated in development version and will be in the next stable version.

Christophe
blacey

Post by blacey »

cbourcier wrote:Hi,

The two changes regarding the HDF types and MEDequivInfo signature had already been fixed in medfichier-3.2.1, that will be provided with Salome 8.2.0 (download will be available soon... maybe tomorrow).

The other changes regarding the include of <utility> and the CMakefile fix are now integrated in development version and will be in the next stable version.

Christophe
Christophe, that's great news - thanks for the support. Are the stable development versions publicly available?
yohplala

Post by yohplala »

Hi
Are the stable development versions publicly available?
AFAIK, a version is either stable or development :).

Salome git repositories are mirrored on salome website:
http://git.salome-platform.org/gitweb/
You will get there the development version.

Bests,