B-Spline Constraints: Fully Funded! Thanks everybody!

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: B-Spline Constraints: Looking for Crowdfunding

Post by chrisb »

Can you already make a pull request for the first stage?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
obelisk79
Veteran

Post by obelisk79 »

@jnxd I have already donated once via GitHub after I believe you stated it was your preferred platform. I'll pledge an additional $40 upon completion of stage 2.

I appreciate the full transparency about donations and progress. Excellent work so far!
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:32 pm good luck! once a first PR is out we should do another marketing campaign IMO.
Do you mean once the PR is merged? Your enthusiasm is much appreciated!
chrisb wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:37 am Can you already make a pull request for the first stage?
I suppose there's nothing stopping a PR anymore, apart from inertia. The funding goal is reached and there are not complaints yet from testers (not that I know how many people are actually testing it). However, if and when it'll be merged depends on when Abdullah is available, or if someone else accepts the merging responsibility.
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

obelisk79 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:01 am @jnxd I have already donated once via GitHub after I believe you stated it was your preferred platform. I'll pledge an additional $40 upon completion of stage 2.

I appreciate the full transparency about donations and progress. Excellent work so far!
Thank you for your kind words and donations. While I gladly accept your pledge, I would discourage others from doing so in the future, for a few reasons. Firstly, it becomes a logistical headache to track these. Secondly, any user whose reputation makes the pledge reliable is probably already a contributor, and I've held the belief that "it kinda defeats a purpose if devels are paying each other". That is, it doesn't make sense for someone already earning money from FreeCAD development to donate to another developer.

Thirdly, the development won't be waiting for funding goals to be reached. So, I'd suggest people to only donate when they are comfortable with the current and potential progress.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

jnxd wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:54 am I would discourage others from doing so in the future
I have made the promised donation, you can book it in.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

chrisb wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:14 am I have made the promised donation, you can book it in.
Appreciated! Your contribution will be shown in the github sponsors total in future updates. I hope my previous message you quoted didn't come out as too harsh.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Excellent! Congrats @jnxd !
edwilliams16
Veteran

Post by edwilliams16 »

I sent you $50 via LiberaPay on Sept 1 if you are wondering what comes from whom.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

edwilliams16 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:53 pm I sent you $50 via LiberaPay on Sept 1 if you are wondering what comes from whom.
Thank you! It does show up who sent the donation, and I did received yours around that date.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

If anyone was waiting for a Saturday coding update I have to apologize there's little development :oops:. Won't go into details, but if there's nothing more to say by Tuesday I'll move to documenting the math behind the constraint(s).