FreeCAD (& free CAE) Users Conference 2023 Announcement

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Varnu01

FreeCAD (& free CAE) Users Conference 2023 Announcement

Post by Varnu01 »

It is with great pleasure to announce the date of the first Annual FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference.

You can register here for the event. It will be fully online and free of charge.

I have also the attached the event schedule and the speaker line up

If you have any questions feel free to message me. I hope to see you all there!!

Regards
Varnu
Last edited by Varnu01 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference 2023. Register Here

Nikra-DAP FreeCAD Workbench
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD (& free CAE) Users Conference 2023 Announcement

Post by adrianinsaval »

Looks very interesting, I registered, hope I can attend to some of the talks.
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Registered
timmwille

Post by timmwille »

I've made it through the jungle of trackers and scripts for this.

I'm happy to see something emerge like this but just wondering how "official" that is in terms of all this google doc and event registrations software used (no offence) :) :?:
Varnu01

Post by Varnu01 »

timmwille wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:37 pm I'm happy to see something emerge like this but just wondering how "official" that is in terms of all this google doc and event registrations software used (no offence) :) :?:
Hi, I hope you are well!

Regarding the Google Doc: That google doc was just a means of collecting information of potential speakers earlier this year which I admit was a big mistake and begun using the forum more directly to attract speakers.

Regarding the Event Registration: The use of HopIn allows us to make use of professional virtual conferencing tools to help us present the conference in a manner that is easily accessible for people around the globe.

So even though this isn't 'official' we do intend on making this an annual conference where we can showcase changes to FreeCAD as well as emerging features and workbenches.

thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Varnu01 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:52 pm ...
Regarding the Event Registration: The use of HopIn allows us to make use of professional virtual conferencing tools to help us present the conference in a manner that is easily accessible for people around the globe.

So even though this isn't 'official' we do intend on making this an annual conference where we can showcase changes to FreeCAD as well as emerging features and workbenches.
The conference is a great idea.
Sir, go ahead! :)
Varnu01

Post by Varnu01 »

Hi all!

This forum message serves to wrap up the inaugural FreeCAD (& free CAE) Users Conference.

Thank you to everyone who made it happen, the speakers, the audience, the sponsors and the various stakeholders grilling me with questions since February last year, you are all appreciated!

All the conference material has been made available by clicking here.

There has been various forums that have been reignited as a result of the presentations and I believe the creators are active on their various forums answering questions.

The roadmap for consolidating post-conference is as follows:
  • I am awaiting admin rights for my own page on the FreeCAD Wiki. There I will upload all the material, including additional material that was presented by the creators. The vision is that we can keep this page active and constantly update after each conference, hence the need for a section on the Wiki and not the forum where things can become cluttered.
  • Work for the next conference is already underway as per @Karolis's closing speech. More announcements will follow in due course on that. In the mean time, we are taking suggestions on the way forward from the community.
As usual, if you have any queries or concerns. Please feel free to pm me here or drop me an email (govender.v@tuks.co.za)

Thank you to everyone once again for supporting us in this.

Regards
Varnu Govender

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Varnu01 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:24 am All the conference material has been made available by clicking here.
What am I doing wrong? I started watching the first file, but I'm missing the video. I can hear some music and see subtitles, but behind them I see only this image.
Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-09 um 12.44.41.png
Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-09 um 12.44.41.png (127.57 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
I'm not capable to following the modeling process just from the subtitles.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Varnu01

Post by Varnu01 »

chrisb wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:47 am What am I doing wrong? I started watching the first file, but I'm missing the video. I can hear some music and see subtitles, but behind them I see only this image.
Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-09 um 12.44.41.png
I'm not capable to following the modeling process just from the subtitles.
Hi @chrisb, which video is no working? I can share the youtube links of the particular one.

Regards
Varnu

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Varnu01 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:18 pm Hi @chrisb, which video is no working? I can share the youtube links of the particular one.
This one: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 5y41wAee_4 . Following your link it's the first one in the left upper corner.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.