[Graphics idea in PD ] : Reference line and Construction geometry

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Piero69

[Graphics idea in PD ] : Reference line and Construction geometry

Post by Piero69 »

what do you think to turn "reference line" into "axis" made with center line instead of continuos line? in most cases it's actually an axis ....

Also the construction geometry in sketch could have a different line type ( phantom for example) more than the blu color. This differentiates it more from the real geometry to be worked.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [Graphics idea in PD ] : Reference line and Construction geometry

Post by chrisb »

I'm not sure to understand what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure you talk about sketches ...
Piero69 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:45 pm what do you think to turn "reference line" into "axis" made with center line instead of continuos line? in most cases it's actually an axis ....
... but then you talk about an axis, which I don't understand at all. And do you want to change the meaning of the object or do you propose to rename it?
Also the construction geometry in sketch could have a different line type ( phantom for example) more than the blu color. This differentiates it more from the real geometry to be worked.
What is a phantom line type? Please note that you can change the color of construction geometry.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Dean_1405

Post by Dean_1405 »

@chrisb
By phantom line author mean line style. For now construcion line is continous just like normal geometry (in sketch).
If i am not mistaken phantom line is something like long dash, dot, dot. I dont know if it's official name, but you can google it :)

Offtopic
Please note that you can change the color of construction geometry.
In 2022 you still cannot do this in some commercial software xD
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Dean_1405 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:46 pm If i am not mistaken phantom line is something like long dash, dot, dot. I dont know if it's official name, but you can google it :)
This is currently not possible. It was discussed before, and would be appreciated, but currently all lines must have the same style. As far as I understood, is this on Abdullah's radar, when working on a redesign of Sketcher's internals.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Dean_1405

Post by Dean_1405 »

Different color is enough for me :)