Can PartDesign be duplicated in a custom workbench?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Can PartDesign be duplicated in a custom workbench?

Post by adrianinsaval »

why use none? if you are basing your stuff on part design you can use part design (or some workbench you don't use), or you can make a workbench with all your custom commands and the reused commands are just added with customize, the possibilities are endless.
freedman
Veteran

Re: Can PartDesign be duplicated in a custom workbench?

Post by freedman »

I wouldn't want to replace PartDesign (PD), I would hope that users start on PD and learn all the key functions thru Youtube, wherever. I'm working to build an advanced PD in an additional Workbench. Some kind of distribution item.

I would like to build a new Workbench and give it name, maybe QuickDesign (QD), something that links the name to the PartDesign concept.

As a for instance, QD allows you to click on any face and click on Loft-A , Loft-A makes the face a sketch, creates another identical sketch 10mm up the local Z axis and turns the two sketches into a solid. Everything you could do in PD but in less time, less mouse work, faster and more efficient. There could also be a Loft-B.....

I will study some posts and search for a while. I can see this is doable.
Thanks