Distorted in AdditiveLoft with peoperty of Ruled and Closed

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
littlecat

Re: Distorted in AdditiveLoft with peoperty of Ruled and Closed

Post by littlecat »

onekk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:27 am The problem is in the order of the loft:
Why is not clear, as I've checked the order of edges, it is easily done with the polygon changing starting and ending point, (note that to make a polygon you must have first and end point coincident, to close it properly)
Very very thanks for you reply. I run your code, and It is really import for the order of the loft.

And now I think I have known the why while I read source code of FreeCAD toughly.

The source code of FreeCAD https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD, and in https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... reLoft.cpp line 192:

Code: Select all

BRepOffsetAPI_ThruSections mkTS(false, Ruled.getValue(), Precision::Confusion());
So I know that AdditiveLoft using OpenCascade' API of class BRepOffsetAPI_ThruSections.

And I read the document of BRepOffsetAPI_ThruSections https://dev.opencascade.org/doc/occt-7. ... tions.html, I find the function CheckCompatibility.

This is the key why the AdditiveLoft is distorted!!! Because FreeCAD using CheckCompatibility(true) as default, so the OpenCASCADE will
Sets/unsets the option to compute origin and orientation on wires to avoid twisted results and update wires to have same number of edges.

If I CheckCompatibility(false), all AdditiveLoft is well and not distorted!, My code is below using PythonOCC(one python wrap of OpenCASCADE):

Code: Select all

import Part
from OCC.Core import BRepOffsetAPI
from OCC.Core import TopoDS
def makeAdditiveLoft(sketches, solid, ruled, compatible):
    mkTS = BRepOffsetAPI.BRepOffsetAPI_ThruSections(solid, ruled)
    mkTS.CheckCompatibility(compatible)
    for sketch in sketches:
        for wire in sketch.Shape.Wires:
            occ_shape = Part.__toPythonOCC__(wire)
            occ_wire = TopoDS.topods_Wire(occ_shape)
            mkTS.AddWire(occ_wire)
        mkTS.Build()
    occ_shape = mkTS.Shape()
    shape = Part.__fromPythonOCC__(occ_shape)
    return shape

sk0 = FreeCAD.getDocument("additiveloft_distorted").getObject("Sketch")
sk1 = FreeCAD.getDocument("additiveloft_distorted").getObject("Sketch001")
sk2 = FreeCAD.getDocument("additiveloft_distorted").getObject("Sketch002")
Part.show(makeAdditiveLoft([sk0, sk1, sk2], True, True, True), "sk123_compatible")
Part.show(makeAdditiveLoft([sk0, sk1, sk2], True, True, False), "sk123_notcompatible")
Part.show(makeAdditiveLoft([sk2, sk1, sk0], True, True, True), "sk321_compatible")
Part.show(makeAdditiveLoft([sk2, sk1, sk0], True, True, False), "sk321_notcompatible")
You can see if I CheckCompatibility(false), The order is not import(sk123_notcompatible and sk321_notcompatible all well). The detail is in attachment.
Attachments
additiveloft_distorted_compatible.FCStd
(78.03 KiB) Downloaded 6 times