Repeated login requests

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

Re: Repeated login requests

Post by drmacro »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:07 pm
drmacro wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:11 pm I've compiled and run FreeCAD on a Raspberry Pi 4 running on SSD.
drmacro wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:37 pm Fruit products, I have none.
Huh? :mrgreen:
"fruit product" is a euphemism (not necessarily complimentary) for Apple products. 8-)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

For clarity, this discussion has evolved into two issues (which may, or may not, have anything in common).

1. Being asked to login when you already are. This where I started.

2. Remember Me. Is an issue for some.
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

Isabel wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:22 am no private browsing.
Actually, NOT the same as me. I default to Private Browsing, which wipes everything on exit, including the cookie for Remember Me

Imagine it will be the same for other browsers' "Incognito" etc modes.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

While being logged I opened a new private tab - and had to login again. I checked the "Remember me" box and created this post without any further login.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

chrisb wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:49 am While being logged I opened a new private tab - and had to login again. I checked the "Remember me" box and created this post without any further login.
Not sure I understand. You logged in on the second tab, checking Remember Me in the process, and created a post?

Isn't that expected? You're in the second tab, just logged in, and created a post. Remember Me status is irrelevant. No?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

FreddyFreddy wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:19 am Remember Me status is irrelevant. No?
Normally yes, but I was referring to this post of you:
FreddyFreddy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:54 pm Now he wants to create a post. Login is required! (huh? he thinks. just did that!). Autofill doesn't offer a solution! (huh?)
her, but I'm having trouble reliably reproducing.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

chrisb wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:35 am Normally yes, but I was referring to this post of you:
FreddyFreddy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:54 pm Now he wants to create a post. Login is required! (huh? he thinks. just did that!). Autofill doesn't offer a solution! (huh?)
her, but I'm having trouble reliably reproducing.
The situation there was the first login was to forum.freecad.org, not forum.freecadweb.org
berniev

Post by berniev »

I am dragging this topic back up as it seems in the intervening half year NOTHING has happened to improve the situation.

Who looks after the BBS settings / testing / etc?

Who do we call - Ghost Busters?

Seriously this is giving me the sh.ts.

berniev prev aka FreddyFreddy
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

berniev wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:07 am ...
Sadly lately there is many weird behaviour as many browser were "securized" and the "heuristic" behind is not perfect.

I have problems as example when I use some "parent account" for my child at school and access them using the "school webpage" that redirect me to another site, some of these redirections are managed as "tentative of frauds" by my "Linux Browser" "firefox" probably simply because the mechanism is tested only on Windows and Mac, and maybe only using Google Chrome as they are targeting even smarthphone users.

Help desk answer is usually "we don't support your browser" use "Google Chrome" :evil:

I could think that in the passage between the two forum address some post maybe have link that point to the "old forum http address", so if you click on these links you are opening an "old address", and it may depend even on the browser used, even if there is some "automatic redirection" from the old forum address to the new forum address, some browsers could intepreter the "redirection" as a form of "harmful behaviour" and maybe act weird.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/