Repeated login requests

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
FreddyFreddy

Repeated login requests

Post by FreddyFreddy »

Why does this BB keep requesting login? Is there a way to prevent this? Am on macOS Monterey.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Repeated login requests

Post by chrisb »

FreddyFreddy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:13 am Why does this BB keep requesting login? Is there a way to prevent this? Am on macOS Monterey.
What are you talking about? Please elaborate.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

chrisb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:36 am
FreddyFreddy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:13 am Why does this BB keep requesting login? Is there a way to prevent this? Am on macOS Monterey.
What are you talking about? Please elaborate.
I expect that once logged in I would not be bothered again. But answering a post often triggers login, sometimes pressing preview (which trashes the message being created). I dunno, just too often!

Just me?
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

FreddyFreddy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:05 pm Just me?
This is controlled by your browser. It sounds like you are not allowing cookies, even for the current session.

Gene
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I get randomly logged out every now and then too, it has happened to me on several devices with different browsers so I don't think it's just a browser thing.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:42 pm I get randomly logged out every now and then too, it has happened to me on several devices with different browsers so I don't think it's just a browser thing.
randomly : windows / linux / android, with firefox :roll:
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

So BB is this Forum? You can check "Remember me", but that may rely on your IP adress, or you have to enable cookies.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

it's noting to do with browser?
I use Firefox both on Android, Windows and Linux (same account).
Android kicks me out and have to login every time, Linux and Windows remain permanently logged on.
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

It has happened to me on android, linux and windows with firefox, brave, chrome and vivaldi, some with fresh config, could be triggered by something in the browser but that sounds like a server issue to me. It's been ages since I last got logged out while writing a post but it has happened in the past.
FreddyFreddy

Post by FreddyFreddy »

chrisb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:07 pm So BB is this Forum?
Yes [For the youngsters...] The BB part derives from "Bulletin Board" originating in 1978(!) for dial-up. phpBB was first released in 2000, and quite popular. Albeit not so much nowadays.