Display alias in spreadsheet

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dpoen

Re: Display alias in spreadsheet

Post by dpoen »

Oh, coming back home, I double clicked on the .ui file, and Qt Designer show up xD I guess it's included in the recommended development packages for freecad !
Well, that should make thing easier xD

So to answer to the sizing : here are two picture for the windows with difference width, is that a good behaviour ?
Screenshot_2022-02-08_19-59-28.png
Screenshot_2022-02-08_19-59-28.png (23.33 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Screenshot_2022-02-08_19-59-12.png
Screenshot_2022-02-08_19-59-12.png (20.94 KiB) Viewed 555 times
I'm concern by the fact the last text box is not the same size than the others ones...

Thanks for advice, I'm learning a lot here !
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

I don't think it matters they are not the same size as in the group above. This is also the case with other preference pages. See Draft settings:
Attachments
Snip macro screenshot-e4c263.png
Snip macro screenshot-e4c263.png (54.16 KiB) Viewed 492 times
dpoen

Post by dpoen »

Welcome back every one !

I've lets the topic get old, mainly because I didn't take time to work on it...

The state is currently that I have the code to make the alias display toggle-able in the preference, but I don't know how to make a toggle button in the UI.
The second part is a bit beyond what I know to do, hence the silence... I've try to make it happens, but no luck... (the branch https://github.com/ShuffleWire/FreeCAD/ ... ias_toggle contain my work)

my proposition is that I merge this code : https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/5489, which give the opportunity to toggle the behaviour in the preference, and leave it like that, at least for the moment.
By default, it will not change the display nor annoy people with new stuff, and for the fox who are interested, it could be a nice option, I feel, while keeping fairly accessible.

Hope that not sound too crazy !
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

Well, it took a long time (mostly because I have the memory capacity of a goldfish), but this finally got merged today. Please give it a spin and report any problems you encounter. I can think of a few nice-to-have refinements, but overall it works very well. Thanks @dpoen!
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com