Forum not sending notifications to my email

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
luggw1

Forum not sending notifications to my email

Post by luggw1 »

I'm not sure where to post this question, but...

Lately, I've had a problem where responses to questions I've posted on the Forum are not generating a notification sent to my email address even though I check the Notify me check box.

I've checked spam filtering and the emails are not getting caught there. They just don't seem to be making to me.

Is this a wider problem or am I the only one?

Thanks
Bill Lugg
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Forum not sending notifications to my email

Post by chrisb »

I answer this without quoting, just to see if it works.

Can you make a screenshot of your notification settings?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
luggw1

Post by luggw1 »

Here they are. FWIW, I didn't get a notification of your response.

Thanks
Bill Lugg
Attachments
NotificationSettings.png
NotificationSettings.png (14.92 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There are different notifications, you can get them via forum login or by email.

Not sure if this link works for others: https://forum.freecadweb.org/ucp.php?i= ... on_options
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

luggw1 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:20 pm Here they are. FWIW, I didn't get a notification of your response.
I am not sure which forum skin you are using or what page you are looking at, but I see a much more extensive set of choices. I am using the ProSilver forum skin.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.47 KiB) Viewed 2093 times

I do not want e-mail notifications, so I do not have them checked. If you want them all that is needed is to check the appropriate boxes.

Gene
luggw1

Post by luggw1 »

I'm sorry, I think I misunderstood chrisb's earlier request. I've attached my notification settings from the Board Preferences page. Not sure what the third column entitled Notifications is for, but I notice it's missing from GeneFC's screenshot.

HTH
Bill Lugg
Attachments
NotificationSettings.png
NotificationSettings.png (60.42 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

luggw1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:22 pm Not sure what the third column entitled Notifications is for, but I notice it's missing from GeneFC's screenshot.
I just checked. The third column shows up if I select the default "FreeCAD" board style, and does not show up if I select the "Prosilver" style.

No idea why.

Gene
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You may want to check "Someone quotes you in a post" too.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Can anyone confirm if email notifications are working for them and/or that this is just an issue at the user configuration level, or is there a problem I need to look at?
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

The only thing I have checked is email for private messages. I believe I always get those and no others. I just got a PM email about 2 days ago.

Gene