node editor - pyflow

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jtm2020hyo

Re: node editor - pyflow

Post by jtm2020hyo »

yes please, re-take the project because probably @microelly2 had COVID.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

jtm2020hyo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:32 am yes please, re-take the project because probably @microelly2 had COVID.
are you serious or joking?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
mwilding

Post by mwilding »

:shock:

I just discovered this project...doing some research and WOW...Any news on their condition? I apologize in advance for not looking at other threads about it but it also seemed like it might be good to have an update here in the work thread to help future me.
jtm2020hyo

Post by jtm2020hyo »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:15 pm are you serious or joking?
...just was a hypothesis, sorry.
mwilding wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:42 pm :shock:

I just discovered this project...doing some research and WOW...Any news on their condition? I apologize in advance for not looking at other threads about it but it also seemed like it might be good to have an update here in the work thread to help future me.
PyFlow WB is already usable but I found some bugs.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

jtm2020hyo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:57 pm ...just was a hypothesis, sorry.
Was not appropriate.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
flachyjoe
Veteran

Post by flachyjoe »

Hi :ugeek: !
I'm currently working on another graphical programming system (see Graphical scripting : FreeCAD/PureData connection).

PyFlow implements an exec signal to activate nodes along a chain when Pure-Data has a hot-input concept i.e. one object inlet is used to set a parameter AND activate the object.
The exec chain can be implemented at least for objects I create but I'd like to have your opinion about the two possibilities. :?:
- Flachy Joe -
jtm2020hyo

Post by jtm2020hyo »

flachyjoe wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:19 pm Hi :ugeek: !
I'm currently working on another graphical programming system (see Graphical scripting : FreeCAD/PureData connection).

PyFlow implements an exec signal to activate nodes along a chain when Pure-Data has a hot-input concept i.e. one object inlet is used to set a parameter AND activate the object.
The exec chain can be implemented at least for objects I create but I'd like to have your opinion about the two possibilities. :?:
look cool, could share a sample designing a Stair? I found problems trying to do this but looks like your nodes can solve them.

here a sample:

the inspiration:

.... the problem I found was that is not possible to create such a landing, at least not like I was trying.

... could help us here?

another sample here:

phpBB [video]

according to the video PyFLow could solve this and maybe you new node editor.
Attachments
2D stair face.FCStd
(25.84 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
flachyjoe
Veteran

Post by flachyjoe »

jtm2020hyo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:32 pm the problem I found was that is not possible to create such a landing, at least not like I was trying.
Yes sure, such stair need tapered treads. http://lionel.ponnelle.pagesperso-orang ... cement.htm
I can't see where nodes are needed…
- Flachy Joe -
jtm2020hyo

Post by jtm2020hyo »

In each version appears more bugs related to PyFlow, in 0.19.1, maybe is need to change the method to connect FreeCAD with PyFLow, maybe like Pure-Data external installation.

... this because, In windows, installing PyFlow directly in the Python 3.8 library do nothing but in Python 3.9 library works correctly, maybe Mr. Microelly was setting the stage to use PyFlow with Python 3.9?

... also in the previous versions, PyFlow and their nodes load (except Maya because python 2) but always appears bugs or errors.

...any suggestions about how can we link directly the PyFlow.exe created in Windows to FreeCAD instead create a git package?
jtm2020hyo

Post by jtm2020hyo »

not sure but looks like PyFlow OpenCV nodes have not to support for python 3.9

PyFlow for FreeCAD was abandoned?