Path From Shape behaviour

Report observations made with the new Toponaming branch.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
WarrenkCash

Path From Shape behaviour

Post by WarrenkCash »

I am using the SNAP package of Real Thunders Edge version of FreeCAD.
I have noticed recently with the Path From Shape tool the G-code produced from a spiral is now all G1's I was using it on the 19 05 2022 to produce paths and the output was G3 arcs which cuts down the file size dramatically.

The work flow is to select the Part work bench then Create Primatives then from the top drop down menu select the spiral. I then edit this to the size I need and create. Then I go to the Draft workbench and use Draft to Sketch so I can modify the sketch and use it with the Area tool as describe by Real Thunder and also CoderMusashi to create the rough path.
My FreeCAD being edge is obviously updated regularly and I think something has changed in the way Path From Shape functions. It may also be I have changed something on my side I just don't know where I would have done this.
I can still produce usable paths for my machine the file is just a lot larger than it needs to be.
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 2022.527.14555 (Git shallow)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 2022.05.27-edge)
Hash: 39c9a013e168a7ebb2f8cb2241de144bb0b20b5d
Python version: 3.8.10
Qt version: 5.15.3
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.6.2
Locale: English/Australia (en_AU)
WarrenkCash

Re: Path From Shape behaviour

Post by WarrenkCash »

Well I have managed to get it working again only a few hours after posting Doh! following my own instructions listed above. I am not sure what went wrong as I played with this for most of the day before posting about this. I did delete my paths and path Area stuff and restart FreeCAD and start again building the paths again.
To be honest it looks like something I did wrong and did not catch.

If the Moderators would like they can delete this subject.
Thanks to all the developers for there work.