AppImage: how to output what commits have been released since AppImage was generated

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
adrianinsaval
Veteran

AppImage: how to output what commits have been released since AppImage was generated

Post by adrianinsaval »

not to hijack the topic but do you know of an equivalent command to know the commits that didn't make it into the weekly appimage?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:07 pm not to hijack the topic but do you know of an equivalent command to know the commits that didn't make it into the weekly appimage?
AppImage is annoying because if you invoke it from the terminal with --version flag it opens a modal dialog with the version info. So it requires mouse click and is not streamlined. The easiest way to do it is just look at the revision number in the appimage filename and then make a alias to put that $revision number in this git command.

Code: Select all

git rev-list --count HEAD | xargs -I{} echo '{}-28445' | bc | xargs -I{} git log --pretty=format:'%h' --skip={} -n 1 | xargs -I{} git log --oneline --ancestry-path {}..HEAD
Note: 28445 in the above 1 liner needs to be added manually

Edit: totally wrong. we need the commit hash for the above to work. It's a little more complicated.
Edit2: working on it in this thread
Edit3: found a hacky working version that requires manually tweaking the 1-liner. + I can't use shell expanders because it breaks bash for some reason. So all on 1 line
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs