Chocolatey - Windows Package Manager that FreeCAD can be installed from

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
Franz Tenbrock

Re: Chocolatey - Windows Package Manager that FreeCAD can be installed from

Post by Franz Tenbrock »

Danke für die Antwort
wenn man aber nicht tagtäglich im English unterwegs ist und schon etwas älter ist....
ist das nicht gerade einfach zu verstehen.....

überhaupt sinnvoll ?
Anfänger mit einigen freecad Erfolgserlebnissen in recht kurzer Zeit, aber nur Dank der Hilfe hier ;)
wer es nie versucht, schafft es nie, und wer dranbleibt bei dem läuft es immer besser :mrgreen:
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@Franz Tenbrock this is english only subforum. do you mind translating your post? Thanks for your understanding
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Franz Tenbrock

Post by Franz Tenbrock »

mistake
sorry

foget it
Anfänger mit einigen freecad Erfolgserlebnissen in recht kurzer Zeit, aber nur Dank der Hilfe hier ;)
wer es nie versucht, schafft es nie, und wer dranbleibt bei dem läuft es immer besser :mrgreen:
Petert

Post by Petert »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:16 am @Franz Tenbrock this is english only subforum. do you mind translating your post? Thanks for your understanding
He was complaining that English is hard to understand when you get older. How ironic.
I am a refugee from Fusion 360. Switched over to FreeCAD and am spreading the word. After years of very little progress I switched again to another solution. I wish you all the best!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Franz Tenbrock wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:46 am mistake
sorry

foget it
Just use https://translate.google.com
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I used chocolatry to install 0.19 and was really happy with the results, it runs way better than the manual download and install. No idea why tho :roll:
Now I thought, yeah I can just update it using chocholatry but that didn't work out, looks like the url isn't working!
2020-11-20 20:42:30,145 14504 [INFO ] - Attempt to get headers for https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... -x86_64.7z failed.
The remote file either doesn't exist, is unauthorized, or is forbidden for url 'https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... -x86_64.7z'. Exception calling "GetResponse" with "0" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
2020-11-20 20:42:30,148 14504 [INFO ] - Downloading freecad 64 bit
from 'https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... -x86_64.7z'
2020-11-20 20:42:32,316 14504 [ERROR] - ERROR: The remote file either doesn't exist, is unauthorized, or is forbidden for url 'https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... -x86_64.7z'. Exception calling "GetResponse" with "0" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
2020-11-20 20:42:56,496 14504 [ERROR] - The upgrade of freecad was NOT successful.
2020-11-20 20:42:56,498 14504 [ERROR] - Error while running 'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\freecad\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
See log for details.
2020-11-20 20:42:58,521 14504 [INFO ] - Unsuccessful operation for freecad.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

redbaron2

Post by redbaron2 »

Hi Kunda1,
I can do that but I have a Question about the new Development of the FreeCAD 0.19 builds. It seems to appear that the latest builds are combination builds. Meaning that they will have both x86 and x64 builds. If this is correct I will need to update the scripts for this new development.

Thanks in advance.
RB
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

sgrogan wrote: pinged by pinger macro
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

redbaron2 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:42 pm I can do that but I have a Question about the new Development of the FreeCAD 0.19 builds. It seems to appear that the latest builds are combination builds. Meaning that they will have both x86 and x64 builds. If this is correct I will need to update the scripts for this new development.
They are still just 64 bit builds x86_64 is equal to amd64 on the PPA i.e. not arm bulds. The naming is consistent with the other os's on the release page.
"fight the good fight"