No Spacemouse on Snap-Package

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
metty

No Spacemouse on Snap-Package

Post by metty »

I have an old 3d Connexion Spacemouse that works perfectly with apt-ppa freecad-daily, but not with the snap. How do I get it to work with the snap?
Zolko
Veteran

Re: No Spacemouse on Snap-Package

Post by Zolko »

metty wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:46 pm I have an old 3d Connexion Spacemouse that works perfectly with apt-ppa freecad-daily, but not with the snap. How do I get it to work with the snap?
Don't use Snap, use AppImage. It's well documented that Snap doesn't work for many things.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

The flatpak also supposedly works with the spacemouse but the dev version is not updated regularly so appimage might indeed be the best choice if you want to use dev versions.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@adrianinsaval did you open a ticket for this in the snap repo?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

No I don't have a spacemouse and don't know much about what it requires, I opened one about not having permission to access removable storage devices
metty

Post by metty »

Zolko wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:14 am Don't use Snap, use AppImage. It's well documented that Snap doesn't work for many things.
I did not know that. Ok I'll see if it works better with the Appimage. Would be nice to have something where everything works and updates itself. With the Apt-version other things do not work. So I must now always switch. Thanks for the commitment!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Snap packaging works for the most part. And we're pretty responsive on the https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-snap repo. So don't give up on it so fast.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs