FreeCAD 0.20.1 Addons manager crash ¿Possible bug?

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD 0.20.1 Addons manager crash ¿Possible bug?

Post by adrianinsaval »

according to the discussion there the library in question that has this problem is supposed to detect what the processor it is running on has available and not use the calls that aren't available, but this isn't happening for some reason. I don't know all the details.
There were also some issues with AVX2 or something like that with the libpack before.
Gorka

Re: FreeCAD 0.20.1 Addons manager crash ¿Possible bug?

Post by Gorka »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:23 pm do you have another instance of freecad flatpak running?, there's a know issue with that sadly: https://github.com/flathub/org.freecadw ... /issues/59

also, you have not actually followed the indications to provide full version info, please try to do so when you post asking for help.

en caso de que el problema sea que no entiendes mucho inglés: cuando haces un post pidiendo ayuda en el foro pedimos que publiques la información completa de tu versión de freecad, lo cual obtienes siguiendo los pasos del gif en el enlace que postee, estos datos contienen información importante sobre la versión de freecad y las librerías con las cuales fue compilado además del sistema operativo y addons que tengas instalado, esta información es muchas veces crucial para identificar los problemas por eso la pedimos. como ejemplo la info es algo así:

Code: Select all

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.1.29410 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-20
Hash: f5d13554ecc7a456fb6e970568ae5c74ba727563
Python 3.8.10, Qt 5.15.2, Coin 4.0.1, Vtk 8.2.0, OCC 7.6.3
Locale: C/Default (C) [ OS: Spanish/Paraguay (es_PY) ]
Installed mods: 
  * AirPlaneDesign 0.4.0
  * ArchTextures
  * Assembly4 0.12.3
  * CfdOF 1.17.7
  * CurvedShapes 1.0.4
  * Curves 0.5.7
  * Defeaturing
  * fasteners 0.3.38
  * FCsuWB-dev
  * Glass 0.5.7
  * Plot 2022.4.17
  * SelectorToolbar
  * Silk 1.0.0
Hello

Sorry, it seems that I did something other than your instructions :? , perhaps it was to hasten to provide the information.

I can no longer help, unless it is needed to contribute to the packaging of Flathub :P, because I uninstall the flathub version and install the PPA version, which has been recently updated.

Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience caused :roll: .

Greetings.