Errors with new build & new Manjaro install

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

Errors with new build & new Manjaro install

Post by drmacro »

I keep the Macros directory on a shared network drive, and have set that in preferences.

I get this when FC is started, not sure what it implies:

Code: Select all

User path has changed to /home/mac/.local/share/FreeCAD/. Please move user modules and macros

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
    return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/mac/freecad-build/Mod/MeshPart/MeshFlatteningCommand.py", line 27, in <module>
    import MeshPartGui
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
    return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
<class 'ImportError'>: libpugixml.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I'm guessing this is because Manjaro has Python 3.10. But, shiboken2 is listed as installed.

This is a fresh install of Manjaro and a fresh git pull of FC source, then in freecad-build, then CMake/make, then run from freecad-build/bin.

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.26996 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 118b7aa0cc945fae0803fdfcb65079ba0ebd8db0
Python version: 3.10.1
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.3
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Syres
Veteran

Re: Errors with new build & new Manjaro install

Post by Syres »

I can't answer the specific question but if you're going to (attempt) to use Curves Wb then you're on a hiding to nothing from what I can see. Pivy/Coin issues stop the Wb from loading and according to https://github.com/coin3d/pivy/issues/88 it still isn't fixed. Can you not have a separate install of Python 3.9.x, clear out your CMake cache and using a full cmake command with all the switches needed to point it at the Python 3.9.x location?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

drmacro wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:00 pm I get this when FC is started, not sure what it implies:

User path has changed to /home/mac/.local/share/FreeCAD/. Please move user modules and macros
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63648 this message is most likely unrelated to the errors, it's just an advisory to move your addons and macros if they are in the old location (~/.FreeCAD) your macros in a custom directory will have no issue I think.
I'm guessing this is because Manjaro has Python 3.10. But, shiboken2 is listed as installed
what is wrong about that? see https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python/Shiboken the shiboken version number is related to the Qt version. Or are there reports of incompatibility with python 3.10?
The error seems like a missing library, did you run an update after compiling maybe? re compiling might solve it if that is the case, or maybe there's a path issue at play.
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

drmacro wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:00 pm I keep the Macros directory on a shared network drive, and have set that in preferences.

I get this when FC is started, not sure what it implies:

Yes, I did get this when I recently installed .20
Originally the location was /home/user/.FreeCAD
For some reason, now it wants /home/user/.local/share/.FreeCAD
Copying all the config etc files to new location has shut it up.
So now I have two locations.... one for link branch (which still uses original location) and for 0.19 and another location for 0.20
Bit of a PITA and I also don't understand what is going on?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Version: 2021.1015.24301 +4280 (Git) AppImage
Branch: LinkDaily
Hash: 556c87868ea46796242156e9f73eae98259794b7
Python version: 3.9.7
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.2
Locale: English/United Kingdom (en_GB)
and

Version: 0.20.26720 (Git) AppImage
Branch: (HEAD detached at 7bca26e)
Hash: 7bca26e7c14d4d43374ff7e0c8582735b249cbfd
Python version: 3.9.9
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.3
Locale: English/United Kingdom (en_GB)
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
Chris_G
Veteran

Post by Chris_G »

I updated my Manjaro this weekend and pivy is broken also.
I'll switch to the Appimage for now.
Syres wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:22 pm if you're going to (attempt) to use Curves Wb then you're on a hiding to nothing from what I can see. Pivy/Coin issues stop the Wb from loading
I pushed a fix for that. The workbench should load, but some tools that use some pivy features won't work.