FreeCAD 0.19: macOS Big Sur

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD 0.19: macOS Big Sur

Post by chrisb »

looo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 pm
Would you or someone else please have a look at the Installing on Mac page, if the brew stuff is still current? I have already softened it a little bit no longer writing that it is "highly recommended" to use brew, but I don't know if the rest is valid at all.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:29 am
looo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 pm
Would you or someone else please have a look at the Installing on Mac page, if the brew stuff is still current? I have already softened it a little bit no longer writing that it is "highly recommended" to use brew, but I don't know if the rest is valid at all.
I guess building with brew should be recommended as building with conda locally is a bit more difficult. I hope brew will catch on and we can create the weekly builds with brew once this is ready. Conda is currently also updating to support arm-osx but this will need some time to catch up. As always it's good to have some alternatives.

But I have no idea about brew. Best to ask @vejmarie
vejmarie wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 pm
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The entry suggested that installing with brew was highly recomended over the weekly builds, which I think is a bit exaggerated.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Gift

Post by Gift »

looo wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:21 pm
... Conda is currently also updating to support arm-osx but this will need some time to catch up. ...

Are there any news concerning arm-osx support?
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Gift wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:10 am
looo wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:21 pm
... Conda is currently also updating to support arm-osx but this will need some time to catch up. ...

Are there any news concerning arm-osx support?
Currently it is stuck because no qt-package for osx-arm is avaialble via conda-forge. But I also think there is nobody working on it currently. Packaging qt for conda-forge is really one of the more difficult things. Also because it's too big to be compiled on the ci's (azure).
Gift

Post by Gift »

looo wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:47 pm
Currently it is stuck because no qt-package for osx-arm is avaialble via conda-forge. But I also think there is nobody working on it currently. Packaging qt for conda-forge is really one of the more difficult things. Also because it's too big to be compiled on the ci's (azure).
Thank you very much for the information looo.
tomtom215

Post by tomtom215 »

Hi,

I was running FreeCAD 0.19 on my Macbook Pro (Catalina) with zero issues, until today!

I can open Freecad, but as soon as I try to start a new project or open an existing file it crashes!

I don´t get it...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

tomtom215 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:01 pm I was running FreeCAD 0.19 on my Macbook Pro (Catalina) with zero issues, until today!

I can open Freecad, but as soon as I try to start a new project or open an existing file it crashes!
Try 0.20. Read the Known OS specific issues.
tomtom215

Post by tomtom215 »

where do I get the 0.20?

I don´t get why it was perfectly working an all of a sudden it shits the bed
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

tomtom215 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:41 am where do I get the 0.20?
You get 0.20 from https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-AppI ... kly-builds .
I don´t get why it was perfectly working an all of a sudden it shits the bed
macOS security updates?