Missing DLL files when installing

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: Missing DLL files when installing

Post by GeneFC »

Jeebus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:41 pm I don't understand why it would be better to create a new thread for the same problem, i don't mind creating a new thread but if it's the same topic that seems to defeat the whole point of using a forum (for continuity
There is no continuity in this case. FreeCAD changes daily, and there have been many thousands of changes since the previous topic. Any problem you are seeing today is almost certainly unrelated to the ancient past.

Gene
Jeebus

Post by Jeebus »

GeneFC wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:55 pm
Jeebus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:41 pm the whole point of using a forum (for continuity
There is no continuity in this case...
So, what you're saying is... i wasn't missing a dll.
I guess it was complete random luck that the error happened to go away exactly when i installed the C++ 2015 Redistributable.

We can only guess many users have needlessly updated a Win8 computer to Win10 in the last 3 years as a result of this incomplete necro-thread.
I guess at least i know my class now, i guess it kinda makes sense for jeebus to be a necromancer :)
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Jeebus wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:36 pm So, what you're saying is... i wasn't missing a dll.
Nobody said any such thing.
Jeebus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:41 pm i assumed it was a common or related issue but it turned out to be a different issue.
That is all that is being said here -- it's a different issue.

Gene