Thanks for @Moult's help.

Can import now :D
Screenshot from 2020-04-04 16-21-47.jpeg
Screenshot from 2020-04-04 16-21-47.jpeg (207.54 KiB) Viewed 4982 times
bernd
Veteran

Re: Blender now supports IFC export

Post by bernd »

how long does it takes to import into blender ?
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

W/o using the multi-task experimental function, and browsing w/ firefox etc, on my i3, about 15 min ~ 20 min :)
Moult

Post by Moult »

@bernd Rebar is now imported as an extruded circle instead of a brep, and in doing so, your issue is also fixed :)

Commit: https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpen ... 8bab802915

This also means that import times for rebar is now much, much faster!
I also blog about 3D rendering, architecture, software and other on thinkMoult.com. RSS / Atom feed available for your convenience.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Moult wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:02 am @yorik IfcStyledItem (https://standards.buildingsmart.org/IFC ... editem.htm) has a Styles attribute, where the documentation states "NOTE Only the select item IfcPresentationStyle shall be used from IFC4 onwards, the IfcPresentationStyleAssignment has been deprecated.". In FreeCAD, I believe it still uses IfcPresentationStyleAssignment on IFC4 files.

Note that if you do fix this, it (may) break import of colours into Revit. In Blender, I solved this by adding a feature to enable various Revit export workarounds (which force using IfcPresentationStyleAssignment ), but by default it prioritises valid IFC4.
Okay thanks for the explanantion.. Will add a case to handle it that way. It won't be the first time we need to add special cases for Revit :D

*EDIT* Still not figuring out how the IfcStyledItem should work without IfcPresentationStyleAssignment... Incredible how the IFC docs can be unclear... Would you have a short example at hand?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Moult wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:02 am @bernd Rebar is now imported as an extruded circle instead of a brep, and in doing so, your issue is also fixed :)

Commit: https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpen ... 8bab802915

This also means that import times for rebar is now much, much faster!
How do I update BlenderBIM with this? I am on linux and I am able to compile ifcopenshell.
Moult

Post by Moult »

@bernd just download the latest Python files from the IfcOpenShell repo and replace them in your Blender add-ons dir. Most of the updates to the BlenderBIM Add-on are Python only and do not require recompiling IfcOpenShell.

@yorik in IFC2X3, you (can, but not always) do:

#1 = IfcStyledItem(#2, (#3), $)
#2 = IfcFacetedBrep... (for example)
#3 = IfcPresentationStyleAssignment((#4))
#4 = IfcSurfaceStyle... (which is a child of IfcPresentationStyle)

In IFC4, you must do:

#1 = IfcStyledItem(#2, (#4), $)
#2 = IfcFacetedBrep... (for example)
#4 = IfcSurfaceStyle... (which is a child of IfcPresentationStyle)

Basically skip the useless in-between step of IfcPresentationStyleAssignment.
I also blog about 3D rendering, architecture, software and other on thinkMoult.com. RSS / Atom feed available for your convenience.
Moult

Post by Moult »

2 weeks later since the last release, over 30 new OpenBIM features and fixes in a brand new BlenderBIM Add-on v0.0.200413 release! Get it today: https://blenderbim.org/
2020-04-13-095951_1920x1080_scrot.png
2020-04-13-095951_1920x1080_scrot.png (541.18 KiB) Viewed 4789 times
  • New feature to validate the syntax of IFC files, in case you receive a broken IFC file
  • New support for viewing and overlaying BCF snapshot images on top of the model to compare issues
  • More stabilisation fixes on multicore IFC import
  • Support added for BCF header files
  • IFC import now supports multiple materials for a single object
  • More robust material imports for BIM authoring tools that still use the deprecated IfcPresentationStyleAssignment or have missing styles (yes, Revit, that's you!)
  • Experimental multicore support added to IFCClash
  • The IFC2CA project has joined the IfcOpenShell umbrella!
  • BIMTester now bundles test definitions so you get tests out of the box!
  • IFCDiff now checks inverse relationships for changes too
  • IFCDiff lets you specify filters for checking specific inverse relationships
  • BCF snapshots with varying aspect ratios are now supported
  • The IfcProject entity is now a real object in Blender, which can be queried and exported with all of its metadata
  • BIMTester now supports the full Project setup MicroMVD definition
  • New optional GUI in BIMTester for people who don't like command line
  • IFCCOBie has various fixes for strange formatting on wrapped data
  • BlenderBIM Add-on dependencies repackaged inside add-on, to allow for native Blender install and uninstall procedures
  • BlenderBIM Add-on Uninstall feature removed, as it is now obsolete in favour of native Blender uninstall process
  • IFC spatial elements without any geometric representation are now imported
  • Invalid Psets without any properties (as created by Solidworks) are now imported
  • Diff import support has now been upgraded to the non-legacy import mechanism
  • Rebar is now treated specially to prevent BREP faceting, so it retains its parametric swept disk solid behaviour, and is easier to edit, imports 10 times faster and is 10 times smaller in terms of filesize
  • IFC import has an optimised spatial tree processing algorithm to handle files which have hundreds of sites and buildings for precinct BIM models
  • Psets and Qtos can be selected from a filtered list for easy user discoverability instead of having to know the IFC spec
  • New IfcExportSettings factory to let the BlenderBIM Add-on be integrated with other Blender add-ons like ArchiPack
  • Improved ArchiPack compatibility - export parametric IFC objects from Archipack!
  • Repository code cleanup of old experimental files
  • Fix for potential infinite loop during export
  • Fixed some invalid schema exports related to void/fill/projection relationships, and material assignment related to linked duplicate objects
  • New support for import and export of the IFCZIP format
  • New support for BCF component visibility settings, colouring options, and selection sets when viewing BCF topics
  • New support for BCF orthogonal camera scale factor
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

Yaaay! :D
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository