installation bluecfdcore 2017 on windows 10

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

julieng

installation bluecfdcore 2017 on windows 10

Post by julieng »

Hello,

I don't succeed to install cfdOF on my new computer. I want to install cfdOF via blueCFDcore 2017-2.

I have done the following steps:
- Downloading FreeCAD
- I have installed blueCFD core from the website
- I run FreeCAD as administrator and try to install ParaView + cfMesh + HiSA from the FreeCAD preference window

It is written that installations are ok for each softwares. But when I run the dependency checker, nothing is found.

What should I do?

Best regards

Julien
r.tec

Re: installation bluecfdcore 2017 on windows 10

Post by r.tec »

Have you looked in this fred: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=59537

Obviously only this LP-version will run according to Thomas: Version: 0.19.24267 (Git)
julieng

Post by julieng »

Hello,

Where can I find the LP version of FreeCAD ? I only find Conda version

Best regards
r.tec

Post by r.tec »

I too don't know where one can get an old version of FC but luckily I had that version on one of my PCs.
I put it on my cloud: https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/Q7CCi3oZ
I will leave it there for a short time, but as it is so big I will delete it to save space on my cloud.
julieng

Post by julieng »

Thank you, I have no missing dependencies now
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

julieng wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:03 pm Hello,

Where can I find the LP version of FreeCAD ? I only find Conda version

Best regards
A workaround to get it working with the Conda version is to copy the files libstdc++-6.dll and libgomp-1.dll from the directory <blueCFD directory>\msys64\mingw64\bin
into the directories <blueCFD directory\OpenFOAM-8\platforms\mingw_w64GccDPInt32Opt\bin and also <blueCFD directory>\ofuser-of8\platforms\mingw_w64GccDPInt32Opt\bin.

The problem is incompatible versions of these dlls provided with the Conda FreeCAD package and the mingw installation in blueCFD. This is the only way I can figure out to force the OpenFOAM executables to link to the correct one.
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

My status:
(thats a pitty, because FC0.20 has some great new FEM-wb features...)
check_dependencies.JPG
check_dependencies.JPG (113.96 KiB) Viewed 6243 times
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

oliveroxtoby wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:05 pm The problem is incompatible versions of these dlls provided with the Conda FreeCAD package and the mingw installation in blueCFD. This is the only way I can figure out to force the OpenFOAM executables to link to the correct one.
Excellent find Oliver, I'm really struggling to understand why these later builds have any of the Dlls with a date 25/3/2016 to 30/3/2016 in the bin folder. I'll carry out as much testing as I can and if the conclusion is they are not needed then I'll request they be removed during the batch file process. I have a MiniConda setup specifically for making Python 3.7.x FreeCAD on Windows using the same batch file with very small mods as the main weekly build one and it doesn't have these Dlls in it so there must have been a change during the Python 3.8.x changes that this started happening.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Syres wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:00 am
oliveroxtoby wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:05 pm The problem is incompatible versions of these dlls provided with the Conda FreeCAD package and the mingw installation in blueCFD. This is the only way I can figure out to force the OpenFOAM executables to link to the correct one.
Excellent find Oliver, I'm really struggling to understand why these later builds have any of the Dlls with a date 25/3/2016 to 30/3/2016 in the bin folder. I'll carry out as much testing as I can and if the conclusion is they are not needed then I'll request they be removed during the batch file process. I have a MiniConda setup specifically for making Python 3.7.x FreeCAD on Windows using the same batch file with very small mods as the main weekly build one and it doesn't have these Dlls in it so there must have been a change during the Python 3.8.x changes that this started happening.
Thank you, that's great! First prize for me would be that they are not in fact needed, but if necessary I'll try to automate my workaround in some way. According to @thschrader's report above, these files seem to be included in the LP build as well as of 0.20, so maybe this indicates that they are in fact needed by one of the other bundled executables :-/
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

thschrader wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:31 am My status:
(thats a pitty, because FC0.20 has some great new FEM-wb features...)

check_dependencies.JPG
I had a look and it seems that the LP build now has the same conflicing .dlls included as the Conda build. The workaround described above should fix the issue (it does for me). Let's wait to hear from @Syres if these .dlls are needed or not - if so I will try to automate the workaround or find a better way.