installation bluecfdcore 2017 on windows 10

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

Syres
Veteran

Re: installation bluecfdcore 2017 on windows 10

Post by Syres »

oliveroxtoby wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:03 pm
julieng wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:58 am
I have done what you asked. For each groups I have autorized everything.
This might not work with BlueCFD 2017 - please try downloading the latest version (2020).
I believe this isn't a version issue but a situation I've mentioned before, User Access Control (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... trol-works), due to the BlueCFD-Core-2017 being installed in C:\Program Files. Most of the reason I don't get half the issues logged by Windows users with regard to CfdOF is I never install any OSS in C:\Program Files.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Syres wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:35 pm
oliveroxtoby wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:03 pm
julieng wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:58 am
I have done what you asked. For each groups I have autorized everything.
This might not work with BlueCFD 2017 - please try downloading the latest version (2020).
There was an issue using this with BlueCFD 2017 that should be fixed now.
I believe this isn't a version issue but a situation I've mentioned before, User Access Control (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... trol-works), due to the BlueCFD-Core-2017 being installed in C:\Program Files. Most of the reason I don't get half the issues logged by Windows users with regard to CfdOF is I never install any OSS in C:\Program Files.
Good point - I thought I had a note about it but it seems to have got lost. I have added a recommendation to the readme.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

thschrader wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:31 pm
oliveroxtoby wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:18 pm ...
Updated to copy the files automatically if possible.
Bingo :) .
After new cfdof-wb update no missing dependencies any more with (LP-version)
Just for info and I know it's fairly irreverent now but the noted dlls have been manually removed from the LP build released today (Git 25306).
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Syres wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:32 pm Just for info and I know it's fairly irreverent now but the noted dlls have been manually removed from the LP build released today (Git 25306).
No that's great - it would be nice not to have to do the present copying hack. Hopefully they'll turn out to be removable from Conda as well :)
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

oliveroxtoby wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:29 pm No that's great - it would be nice not to have to do the present copying hack. Hopefully they'll turn out to be removable from Conda as well :)
Looks like the root cause of the issue has been located, after the Dll's were removed from the LP build it's flushed out CCX fails in the FEM Wb. There's only one Dll that conficts: libgomp-1.dll so unless we can get a CCX version that both Wbs can use the same Dll version levels we're stuck with the workaround. I've pointed @bernd in the direction of the request to remove the Dlls so he's aware of the whys and wherefores.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Syres wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:01 am
oliveroxtoby wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:29 pm No that's great - it would be nice not to have to do the present copying hack. Hopefully they'll turn out to be removable from Conda as well :)
Looks like the root cause of the issue has been located, after the Dll's were removed from the LP build it's flushed out CCX fails in the FEM Wb. There's only one Dll that conficts: libgomp-1.dll so unless we can get a CCX version that both Wbs can use the same Dll version levels we're stuck with the workaround. I've pointed @bernd in the direction of the request to remove the Dlls so he's aware of the whys and wherefores.
Great, thanks for sticking with this. The file should certainly stay if needed for Calculix. The root of the problem, as far as I can tell, is that the only way to force Windows to link to a specific version of a dll is for it to be in the same directory as the executable. The trouble is that this is not the case in the BludCFD package, so I think this is really an issue to ask them to consider rather than change anything in FreeCAD.