Help with hisa and cfmesh for CFD

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

rahexo2601

Help with hisa and cfmesh for CFD

Post by rahexo2601 »

Hi I'm new to this forum, I want to install CFD from addon manager I have installed all dependencies listed there but was unable to find documentation to compile cfmesh and hisa. I downloaded the source code. Please Help me compile the program. There is no such thing as "wmake". I was unable find about what that is.

Please help me install hisa and cfmesh.

Operating System: Slackware 15.0
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.15.63 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 2 × Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 1.9 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Intel® G41
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Help with hisa and cfmesh for CFD

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Let's see if you get answers here in the next days. If not, ping me and I move it to CFD or FEM forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

do the buttons to install them in the cfdof preference page not work? what error message you get @chrisb I think you should go ahead and move it to the cfd forum, I doubt other people will answer here.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:18 pm@chrisb I think you should go ahead and move it to the cfd forum, I doubt other people will answer here.
Done.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
KAKM

Post by KAKM »

From the CfdOF Readme's Linux installation section:
The dependencies can be installed manually, or as part of a docker container (refer to Docker container install below). Manual installation may be undertaken for OpenFOAM (OpenCFD or Foundation versions), Paraview and Gmsh (optional) by using the links above or your distribution's package manager. Note, however, that the OpenFOAM packages bundled in some Linux distributions may be out of date or incomplete; for example, the standard Debian and Ubuntu packages do not include the build command 'wmake' and therefore cannot be used with the optional components 'HiSA' and 'cfMesh'. We therefore recommend installation of the packages supplied through the official websites above.
I suspect this is the issue you're having.

For further information on how to install on Linux: https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF#readme
techGuy

Post by techGuy »

Note, however, that the OpenFOAM packages bundled in some Linux distributions may be out of date or incomplete; for example, the standard Debian and Ubuntu packages do not include the build command 'wmake' and therefore cannot be used with the optional components 'HiSA' and 'cfMesh'. We therefore recommend installation of the packages supplied through the official websites above.
I run Fedora. In Fedora wmake gets installed via the OpenFOAM development package. In my case, on Fedora 37, using the Copr repository, the OpenFOAM development package is openfoam2206-devel.noarch

After installing this package, I get this:

Code: Select all

[me@workstation1 ~]$ wmake
wmake error: file 'Make/files' does not exist in /home/me
[me@workstation1 ~]$ which wmake
/usr/lib/openfoam/openfoam2206/wmake/wmake
[me@workstation1 ~]$ wmake -version
Once I install the devel package wmake is present and I can install Hisa and cfmesh via the Edit->Preferences->CfdOF buttons.

I humbly suggest that the above documentation should recommend that the user install the OpenFoam devel package for their distribution and then test if wmake is installed. FWIW, wmake is not available in the standard Fedora repositories.
KAKM

Post by KAKM »

techGuy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:04 pm I humbly suggest that the above documentation should recommend that the user install the OpenFoam devel package for their distribution and then test if wmake is installed. FWIW, wmake is not available in the standard Fedora repositories.
The documentation is incorporated into the CfdOF GitLab repository here:

Code: Select all

https://gitlab.com/opensimproject/cfdof
, so you could submit a pull request to include the information you think should be added.