Q engineering introduction.

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
onekk
Veteran

Re: Q engineering introduction.

Post by onekk »

QYT wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:10 am If you wanted "attention" FreeCAD Tutorials would be one of the least effective topics, Fusion 360 would get me 10x the views, and putting up videos of my puppy or playing the guitar would be 100x easier. I enjoy using FreeCAD and I enjoy making videos so naturally it's a good fit.

That being said, I came here to see if there is anything that I could do to help. I simply introduced myself (who I am, what I do, and asked what I could do). What I got in a rude reception at best.

Since it's not proper to insult someone in their own home. I'm simply going to say "thank you for your time, but I don't think this is the right place for me" and kindly remind you that anyone on this forum is an ambassador of the brand and their behavior good or bad reflects in kind on the project itself.

Quin.
Sorry if you have taken my comment as an insult.

It was not my intention, or better it was more a "test", as if you have read my entire post it contains also some "critics" to many video that are around specially on YouTube, and if you have read also some other comments like @Kunda1 one, you will easily see that it is not only my opinion.

Plus, as @chrisb has given you some advice, not every people here are "ostile", not even me.

I could only encourage you to make some "useful video", but I think that if a person is really interested in "learning FreeCAD", it will not stop to watch a video after 15sec, specially if the "video quality" is good and "all the relevant informations" are given, maybe even in the "text that illustrate the video".

Whatever you choose, to remain or to leave, thanks for the efforts, as many people simply "don't try to be useful" to other users.

If you have the patience to read some post, you will se that usually there is many people who "want to help" and many are "very helpful" and have very much patience with new users, as each of us are user and have been beginners.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
ragohix769

Re: Q engineering introduction.

Post by ragohix769 »

Hello QYT :-)

I've seen some of your videos, cool stuff!
Please consider to remain/stay here and contribute to this fantastic community: noboby, I'm sure, intended to be rude, only some misunderstanding.

I hope to read more here by you :-)
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)