Dimensions not displaying correctly

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ddhunt16

Dimensions not displaying correctly

Post by ddhunt16 »

When dimensioning in Techdraw dimensions show up as shown. I have to change the measure type property value from projected to true in order to have the dimension display correctly. Is the a preferences setting that will overcome this problem. I have Freedcad 0.19 and 0.20 Win 64 bit versions and the problem is the same.
Attachments
Dimension display.png
Dimension display.png (13.63 KiB) Viewed 855 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Dimensions not displaying correctly

Post by wandererfan »

ddhunt16 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:20 am When dimensioning in Techdraw dimensions show up as shown. I have to change the measure type property value from projected to true in order to have the dimension display correctly. Is the a preferences setting that will overcome this problem. I have Freedcad 0.19 and 0.20 Win 64 bit versions and the problem is the same.
You'll get a better answer if you can post the FCStd file demonstrating the problem. The dimension looks like both end points (Refernces2D property) are the same point. Is it a 2 point dimension or an edge dimension?
ddhunt16

Post by ddhunt16 »

Thankyou for the response.
FCStd file demonstrating the problem is attached. The dimension error occurs for both a 2 point dimension and an edge dimension.
Attachments
Fish Tank Stand.FCStd
(103 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I can reproduce the effect here. It vanishes immediately if I set KeepUpdated=True. Even when switching back it remains correct.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

ddhunt16 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:48 pm The dimension error occurs for both a 2 point dimension and an edge dimension.
The highlighted dimension in the picture has corrupt references. It is trying to measure from Edge5 to Vertex35, but there is no Vertex35 in View007. You should see a message in the Report View - "19:42:07 DVD::getDimValue - Dimension007 - 2D references are corrupt (5)"

There is an enhancement coming that will allow easily changing the reference points for a dimension, but for now, you'll have to delete the dimension and recreate it with valid references.
Attachments
DimCorruptReference2D.png
DimCorruptReference2D.png (14.61 KiB) Viewed 705 times
ddhunt16

Post by ddhunt16 »

Thankyou for picking up the corrupt references. I will pay closer attention to the error reports in the future.