TechDraw and v0.21

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

TechDraw and v0.21

Post by wandererfan »

I've updated the TechDraw roadmap with my plans for v0.21. As always, plans are subject to change.

Your comments and suggestions are most welcome.
czinehuba

Re: TechDraw and v0.21

Post by czinehuba »

Looking forward to the changes. All sound sensible. :D :D
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Maybe add a TechDraw_ExportPagePDF button to the TechDraw File Access toolbar? I know this option is available via the context menu, but adding this button would make sense I think.
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

This can be a very important feature to include in 0.21:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 1&start=20

The tool seems to be pretty much ready and it’s just a matter of implementing it.
FBXL5

Post by FBXL5 »

Roy_043 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:13 pm Maybe add a TechDraw_ExportPagePDF button to the TechDraw File Access toolbar? I know this option is available via the context menu, but adding this button would make sense I think.
+1
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

wandererfan wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:09 pm I've updated the TechDraw roadmap with my plans for v0.21. As always, plans are subject to change.
Do you mind linking each existing GH ticket in the wiki page at your convenience? :oops: :mrgreen:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Roy_043 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:13 pm Maybe add a TechDraw_ExportPagePDF button to the TechDraw File Access toolbar? I know this option is available via the context menu, but adding this button would make sense I think.
This toolbar?
exportToolbar.png
exportToolbar.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
I'm not really happy with the rmb context menu. The first 2 items are ok, but the 3 export options seem out of place.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:52 pm This toolbar?
Yes. AFAICT the TechDraw WB has 3 export options (*.svg, *.dxf, *.pdf), but this toolbar only shows two.
edi

Post by edi »

NewJoker wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:28 pm This can be a very important feature to include in 0.21:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 1&start=20

The tool seems to be pretty much ready and it’s just a matter of implementing it.
I will try to perform this task.
There is an issue: the task creates a (surface finish) symbol, represented by a small svg file as a string. The symbol becomes connected to the page, not to the view. If the view is moved, the symbol is not moved.
Is it possible to connect a symbol to a view ?
If not, is it possible to implement this ?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

edi wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:13 am I will try to perform this task.
There is an issue: the task creates a (surface finish) symbol, represented by a small svg file as a string. The symbol becomes connected to the page, not to the view. If the view is moved, the symbol is not moved.
Is it possible to connect a symbol to a view ?
If not, is it possible to implement this ?
That would be great.

To connect the symbol to the view, you would add a QGCustomSvg to the QGIViewPart. We do this for Svg hatches on QGIFace. Also see QGIViewSymbol which is just a view with an embedded Svg image.

In Python, TechDrawGui.addQGIToView(myFeature, myQGSvgItem) should do it. If not, we can add some functionality.