Help - can't do a hole to hole dimension from center

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Catacombs Lord

Help - can't do a hole to hole dimension from center

Post by Catacombs Lord »

Hello everyone, I seem to have a problem with the software. I can't find the way to do a hole to hole dimension. Some people call it center-to-center.
I tried using the techdraw extension. I tried using drawing dimensioning extension as well where there is the option, to mark the center of a hole but sadly the app seems to be stuck there. I select the function center mark, click on the hole i made, but it doesn't appear and just stays stuck there.
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Help - can't do a hole to hole dimension from center

Post by wandererfan »

Catacombs Lord wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:24 pm Hello everyone, I seem to have a problem with the software. I can't find the way to do a hole to hole dimension. Some people call it center-to-center.
I tried using the techdraw extension. I tried using drawing dimensioning extension as well where there is the option, to mark the center of a hole but sadly the app seems to be stuck there. I select the function center mark, click on the hole i made, but it doesn't appear and just stays stuck there.
Like this?
centerToCenterDim.png
centerToCenterDim.png (23.97 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Arc centers can be used just like vertices as the end points of a Dimension.

As for the app being stuck, that's hard to evaluate without a sample fcstd file.
Catacombs Lord

Post by Catacombs Lord »

Thanks for the help!
I finally figured out that the drawing option ''Turn View frames Off'' has to be -ON- in order to SEE the center marks. Otherwise you won't see them..
geekfun

Post by geekfun »

Can you post how to get to the drawing option ''Turn View frames Off''. I can't find it.
Thanks,
Steve
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

geekfun wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:50 pm Can you post how to get to the drawing option ''Turn View frames Off''. I can't find it.
Thanks,
Steve
TechDraw ToggleFrame
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

with this page TechDraw_Workbench, you have all the tools with a brief description of they are doing.