Section line makes selecting vertexes under it almost impossible

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ToniTen

Section line makes selecting vertexes under it almost impossible

Post by ToniTen »

Obligatory Freecad Data

Code: Select all

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.26238 AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 237229c)
Hash: 237229c3fc8df1ddede445d3495a0ac640d63e4f
Python version: 3.9.7
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.3
Locale: Spanish/Spain (es_ES)
I have an issue: If you add a section, the section line is always on top of the view, and makes selecting geometry under it extremely hard. In this example file, as you see, I have a very simple part imported from a STEP file (also attached). On the left, I have the view of the part without a section, and I used the vertexes at the end of the circle arc and on the corner of the square hole to create a dimension. On the right, I have the same view, but now I have a section view (with its corresponding section line) and I you can't see the vertex to select it, since the section line is always on top and it obscures the vertex. You can try and find the vertex blindly, and check the python console to know if your click has landed on it, but it becomes an exercise of futility if there are any other nearby vertexes that you might select by accident

A solution would be to have the highlighted geometry to appear on top of everything, including the section lines

BTW, this is an intentionally simple part to showcase the issue. This issue was noticed when I saw that I was missing a dimension after I had already done the section view, and added a lot of dimensions to it. I could either blindly fish for the vertex, or I could remove the section view and lose a lot of work.
Attachments
problem_file.FCStd
(8.28 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Pieza1.STEP
(25.13 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Re: Section line makes selecting vertexes under it almost impossible

Post by Shalmeneser »

Zoom zoom zoom
Attachments
Capture.PNG