TechDraw without limits = Layout autocad

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Re: TechDraw without limits = Layout autocad

Post by freedman »

I added a pic to my chess game post where I exploit the new point capabilities. I use them as landing zones.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 96#p552496
Maybe this will apply to some new thoughts on point usage.
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

paullee wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:09 am I once again revisit this and look at @Yorik's earlier blog last Sept about using Model-Draft Shape2DView :)
Seems concept is similar when you are working on architectural model right ? Thanks.
Great works !
Hi paullee, greetings to the Community!
Yes, the concept behind these methods, since the typical "Draft" functions (in particular the snaps hooks) cannot be used in the TechDraw environment, is to create "more adequate" and precise references (vertices and edges) (using "Sketcher" or "Draft") for dimensioning and detailing the drawing in TD.
In between there is an opportune and necessary organization (!) (Through grouping folders and / or Layers) for an adequate grouping of these references, or entire sketches, which in complex assemblies, inevitably, will multiply in quantity, making it complicated and extremely stressful and difficult to search in the tree of the structure (Tree view).
Obviously, with the creation of @ edi "TechDrawTools" macro, this need to create these "appropriate references" has been considerably reduced, even more so with the next releases of the official FC builds in which almost all the macro tools , thanks to the great work of @edi in C ++, they have been implemented and integrated directly into the TechDraw interface.
I know that @edi is studying the coding of further functions that will certainly expand the TD equipment, making it more and more suitable and flexible for the production of increasingly professional graphics in every technical field.
Translation permitting, I hope I have been sufficiently clear and exhaustive in explaining the concept. :)
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks pointing to the TechDrawTools Macro :)
domad
Veteran

Post by domad »

paullee wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:40 am ...
Hi paullee, greetings to the Community!
I'm glad you appreciated the "TechDrawTools" report, here https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=59334 you can find a rich documentation together with several animated * .gif that show how the tools, in particular the use that can be made of them to create precise vertices very useful for the dimensioning of particular dimensions, including tangencies, threads as well as the dimensioning of multiple holes through the automatic tabular creation of the dimensions.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks again, that is a wealth of tools there to explore indeed, and great screencaptures :D