Missing lines - Section view of multiple bodies

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bricofab

Re: Missing lines - Section view of multiple bodies

Post by bricofab »

Hello,

I'm interested by this topic because I make mechanical drawing of assemblies et I often need to make section of it.

1) I have never seen the parameter " FuseBeforeSection", I have tested it and it works fine!

2) The idea of wandererfan to add an angle to the hatch would permit to make more visual/understandable drawings.

Thanks a lot to wandererfan for all the last improvements of techdraw. I can now fully use it!
youssefhamid

Post by youssefhamid »

cehjan wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:33 am FuseBeforeSection, nice, its working. Thank you. Is there a way to set this as the default setting?

One more thing if you have time. Both bodies have the same hatch, can techdraw module automatically put different hatch (i.e. same but at different angle or scale). I know how to manually do this, but it's quite tiring when you make a cross-section of multiple bodies with more complex geometry.

I hope I have helped with these issues not only to me but also to other people.
Hi Cehjan,
I would like to know how to manually change hatching for a cross -section with multiple bodies.
Would you be able to show me ?
Kind Regards,
Youssef
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

wandererfan wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:58 pm No, all the cut surfaces get the same hatch. How would you decide programmatically which hatch to apply to which face? The only "rule" I know is if it looks funny, change the angle of one of the hatches.
Any change on this?
I need to make section views of an asm3 assembly. Is there no chance to get any relation between the hatched face and the original body?

Any brute force method possible? We know the position of the section (e.g. x-y location) and could ask at the position of the faces (centroid of the face) which original body sits in 3D there.
BR,
HoWil
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

HoWil wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:30 am Any brute force method possible?
Property Editor > Cut Surface Format > Cut Surface Display > "Hide", then manually hatch the faces any way you want.
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

Thanks wandererfan.
Looks like I was not specific enough. I am still looking for a automated solution.
For more complex assemblies manual hatching is cumbersome and error prone.