body will be deleted when trying to change view perspective in drawing

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: body will be deleted when trying to change view perspective in drawing

Post by GeneFC »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 am BTW I cannot duplicate this behaviour in Linux. The direction field is inert except for highlighting.
I found the same thing in Windows. However, if I "pounded on it" by clicking enough times I was able to delete the body as claimed by the OP.

Just highlighting and then trying to delete did nothing.

Gene
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I can reproduce it here. The issue depends on the selection in the tree. If nothing is selected then nothing is deleted and I don't get the question asking for confirmation.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15694 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 96dee91d5e7d7fd37f43a4dcf406a120ae1f1b8a
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

uwestoehr wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:28 pmThe forum software does not inform new users that their first post needs to be reviewed by a maintainer before it will appear online and also that until this review one cannot post anything.
@uwestoehr: Did you try to register as user XRumerTest with content "Hello. And Bye."? If so, I would confirm it, otherwise I ban the user as spammer.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 am The various arrows are used to change the direction and the field displays the current projection direction of the primary view.
This doesn't work. I need for example exactly these settings:
[0,75 -0,27 -0,05]
and with the arrow buttons I cannot achieve this.
That is why I tried to change the numbers directly.

The solution proposed by wmayer would be suitable because then I could use quickly and exactly the numbers I really need for my projection.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chrisb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:31 am @uwestoehr: Did you try to register as user XRumerTest with content "Hello. And Bye."?
No. You can block him.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chrisb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:16 am The issue depends on the selection in the tree. If nothing is selected then nothing is deleted and I don't get the question asking for confirmation.
Well, when inserting a projection view you must have a selected shape otherwise you get an error that there is nothing selected to be projected.

I get this bug as soon as I simply double click on a number in the projection dialog. Then 2 ciphers will be selected and I press DEL and FC tries do delete the shape I selected to be projected in the projection view.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:40 pm This doesn't work. I need for example exactly these settings:
[0,75 -0,27 -0,05]
and with the arrow buttons I cannot achieve this.
That is why I tried to change the numbers directly.
You can achieve what you want by exiting that screen and then changing the numbers in the property panel below the model tree. Works just fine.

Initially these three numbers are normalized to a resultant vector with a length of 1.00. However, it seems OK to change the numbers in an arbitrary manner.

Gene
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

GeneFC wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:52 pm You can achieve what you want by exiting that screen and then changing the numbers in the property panel below the model tree. Works just fine.
I cannot do this. I can't set the numbers I want. The arrow keys rotate the view in fixed steps of 90°. In the properties if the ProjGroup I cannot specify the projection direction.

To make clear what I need: E.g. I want a projected view which is the xy-plane rotated 10° around z-axis and 15° around y-axis. How to I do this?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

GeneFC wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:52 pm Initially these three numbers are normalized to a resultant vector with a length of 1.00. However, it seems OK to change the numbers in an arbitrary manner.
This is correct. The vector is normalized inside the code, so an unnormalized vector as input is fine.

Changing the direction in the Property Editor is the original interface concept. issue #3646 asks for manual entry of the direction and will almost certainly be implemented in v0.19.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:59 pm I want a projected view which is the xy-plane rotated 10° around z-axis and 15° around y-axis. How to I do this?
I see now that I must not look into the ProjGroup properties but into the "Front" properties inside the ProjGroup. Then I can alter the rotation vector of this view via the properties.

To summarize how this bug can be solved:

- either allow to modify the rotation vector when creating the PorjGroup
- or block manual modification of the rotation vector numbers and decrease the step size of the arrow buttons to 45°instead of the currently 90°.

For a better workflow I would prefer the first solution.