Problems with Hatch pattern created in Inkscape (for use in TechDraw)

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mcmed

Problems with Hatch pattern created in Inkscape (for use in TechDraw)

Post by mcmed »

Hi guys!

I am struggle in hatch (created on InkScape) on the TechDraw, because isn´t show up on the draw. The hatch (svg file) is attached below. Someone coud be give some tips to make a hatch on InkScape and use it on Techdraw? Ty!
Attachments
concreto.svg
(29.74 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Last edited by Kunda1 on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added elaboration to thread title
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Problems with Hatch pattern created in Inkscape (for use in TechDraw)

Post by wandererfan »

mcmed wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:08 pm I am struggle in hatch (created on InkScape) on the TechDraw, because isn´t show up on the draw. The hatch (svg file) is attached below. Someone coud be give some tips to make a hatch on InkScape and use it on Techdraw? Ty!
You are using Svg features that are not supported by the Qt Svg renderer, which only supports Svg-Tiny.

According to Adobe Illustrator Help "SVG Tiny does not support gradients, transparency, clipping, masks, symbols, patterns, underline text, strike through text, vertical text, or SVG filter effects".

Here is a quick and dirty alternative pattern.
Attachments
concreto2.svg
(41.03 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
mcmed

Post by mcmed »

I got it, wandererfan ! Ty for answer my question.

I saw that your file and I noticed that isn´t the same as mine, so how did u convert in svg tiny? Because I used Inkscape (and I chose all svg extensions), unfortunately, the TechDraw didn´t show up the hatch.

I downloaded all the patterns (.dxf) from LibreCad and I wanna to convert them in .svg on Inkscape, but I noticed that conversion isn´t 100% as the original. Do you know how to do it? Ty!

wandererfan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:10 am
mcmed wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:08 pm I am struggle in hatch (created on InkScape) on the TechDraw, because isn´t show up on the draw. The hatch (svg file) is attached below. Someone coud be give some tips to make a hatch on InkScape and use it on Techdraw? Ty!
You are using Svg features that are not supported by the Qt Svg renderer, which only supports Svg-Tiny.

According to Adobe Illustrator Help "SVG Tiny does not support gradients, transparency, clipping, masks, symbols, patterns, underline text, strike through text, vertical text, or SVG filter effects".

Here is a quick and dirty alternative pattern.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

mcmed wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:22 pm I saw that your file and I noticed that isn´t the same as mine, so how did u convert in svg tiny? Because I used Inkscape (and I chose all svg extensions), unfortunately, the TechDraw didn´t show up the hatch.
concreto2.svg isn't a conversion, it is a new file not based on conreto.svg, except conceptually.

You can make the svg hatch files in inkscape, you just can't use pattern or gradient fills and expect them to be rendered in FreeCAD.
I downloaded all the patterns (.dxf) from LibreCad and I wanna to convert them in .svg on Inkscape, but I noticed that conversion isn´t 100% as the original. Do you know how to do it? Ty!
I've never tried to convert dxf to svg before, but I downloaded one of the LibreCad hatch dxf files and I could not load it into FreeCAD, LibreCad or Inkscape, so there must be something funny about them.