[FIXED] Tech Draw → undo button

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kaktus
Veteran

Re: [bug} Tech Draw → undo button

Post by kaktus »

wandererfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:51 pm ...
Moving Front moves the whole group. Right, Left and Rear move only horizontally. Top and Bottom only move vertically. The 4 angled projections can move anywhere.

this information is relevant.
But they are not new to me.
wandererfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:51 pm ...

You can use the LockPosition property to prevent a projection from moving even if AutoDistribute is true.
I am also familiar with this functionality.

The problematic thing for me is the spontaneous movement of some drawing elements after selecting them with the mouse. I am not going to move them, that is done by the program after selecting the object. And that is undesirable.
As I noticed this undesirable functionality only accompanies the top, bottom drawings and those in the corners. This effect does not occur when selecting elements on the right, left or bottom view. And this is correct for me.

wandererfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:14 pm What is the issue with the Leaderline, please? I can't figure it out from the video.

I know about the views moving when the frames are toggled, but I don't have a nice fix for that yet.
As you noticed here again the problem is the spontaneous movement of drawings after selecting them or after using the Turn View Frames On/Off function.

Additionally, I pointed out that I was using the ESC key to terminate the lead line drawing function.

When I started drawing the first leader line notice that I pointed to the vertex of the object first.
(the function is terminated with the ESC key, the base object is a text field)

When drawing the second leader I also pointed to the vertex of the object first.
(this function ends with the Save Points button, the base object is the drawing)

And the situation repeats itself, pointing the mouse at the drawing and some objects spontaneously move, disconnecting the leading line.

The third leading line is drawn again from the vertex.
(the function ends with the ESC button, the base object is the drawing)
In this case the leading line is not detached from the vertex when the drawing object is selected with the mouse.

The frustrating fact is that using the Turn View Frames On/Off button causes some objects to spontaneously move like during selection. But it happens in the opposite direction.

A wall of text came out. :roll:

I'm glad you can spare your private time to analyze the problem I noticed :idea:
By the way, I discovered a bug with an untranslated button label that I hadn't noticed before. I have to report it. :lol:
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

Hi.

Below is a link showing the problem with the missing label translation in the "Add Leaderline to View" tool box:

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-tran ... 1125339928
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Text strings in TaskLeaderLine tagged for translation by this git commit 3e56f88404.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

kaktus wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:54 pm As you noticed here again the problem is the spontaneous movement of drawings after selecting them or after using the Turn View Frames On/Off function.
Views moving when toggling frames should be fixed by git commit 00c8916341. I don't know if it fixes views moving after selection as I can't duplicate that behaviour.
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

I'm glad you were able to handle the problem so quickly and there are positive results right away. :D

I will check everything and let you know when the new release is announced (appimage). :idea:

However, we will have to wait for the strings to be imported into Crowdin. :roll:
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

All the problems I have described here have been removed. I think that I am not the only one who is satisfied. The throws will no longer move on their own. :mrgreen:

We still have to wait for the button label translations to be fixed.

Thanks again for a very efficient working. :idea:
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

Thank you very much! I've found stuff which I had on my wishlist too! :P