Freecad Classic 2.0

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MisterMaker

Freecad Classic 2.0

Post by MisterMaker »

So the idea is to have 3 preference packs in the new Freecad release.
I have a dark and light theme, I am not saying these will be the dark and light in official release. They might need some tweaks for less advance users aka NOT-SO-EXTREME-OR-PRO-LIGHT theme

Now I took at my light theme and tried to make it look like the default theme. Although since it still uses the theme arrows and close icons and skips over some old looking lines, it already looks more modern out of the box.
So release 0.0.1 is here.

It's not going to be an exact copy, but it should feel like the old theme.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Freecad Classic 2.0

Post by adrianinsaval »

IMO there's no point in doing a stylesheet for the old style, a "classic" preference pack should just use the current preference colors and no stylesheet. Also keep in mind that this is the default look only on windows, on mac and linux you never see this look, so putting this as "classic" would be weird.
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

It's a preference pack so that I can let other people test.
But this Linux vs Windows look is a bit annoying.
Should be the same for everyone.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

MisterMaker wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:47 am It's a preference pack so that I can let other people test.
test what?
MisterMaker wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:47 am But this Linux vs Windows look is a bit annoying.
Should be the same for everyone.
why? the windows one is ugly and looks out of place even on windows so that's the one that really needs changing, the mac version AFAIK looks coherent with the system and on linux it adopts the system theme so it is very consistent with the OS.
Once we have a default sylesheet/preference pack decided ok make default on all platforms, but don't port the current ugly look of windows for all platforms.
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I'm not planning to make things ugly. :lol:
So we should make the windows version look like the linux version?