New advice for UI, Coordinate System Color Coordination between User Interface

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sedat_kuran

New advice for UI, Coordinate System Color Coordination between User Interface

Post by sedat_kuran »

FreeCAD has set three colors for the coordinate system. Red for x, green for y and blue for Z. In this case, the use of these colors in user interfaces related to the coordinate system. It will allow the user to process faster. It will also give a professional look for FreeCAD. In the picture below, I showed a simple example for the Array command used draft workbench. I hope you will consider it.

coordinat renk kodu.png
coordinat renk kodu.png (341.38 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: New advice for UI, Coordinate System Color Coordination between User Interface

Post by Kunda1 »

Moved to UI/UX Design subforum
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: New advice for UI, Coordinate System Color Coordination between User Interface

Post by adrianinsaval »

interesting idea but it can be tricky to implement and make it look good, big colorful rectangles as in your example are more distracting than useful IMO. We could use letter colors but it would be tricky with all the stylesheets available. Also it would be a massive effor since every dialog that refers to coordinates would have to be updated.
sedat_kuran

Post by sedat_kuran »

It will be a difficult process, but the changes in these dialogues, even group members who know less software in the graphical interface
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

It makes the interface to busy. For interface I'm more for a less is more. But it could be interesting if you color the border instead of the background. Then you also don't get issues with readability especially for color blind.
There is btw a coordinate system in the navigation cube, which is awesome.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

I have to hand it to you it is a smart use of the empty space in the dialog but maybe too explicit? is there a way to make the dialog less 'loud' or 'busy' ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs