Combine buttons in Sketch task's UI to reduce the UI width

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
obelisk79
Veteran

Re: Combine buttons in Sketch task's UI to reduce the UI width

Post by obelisk79 »

GeneFC wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 pm In sketcher I often have some constraints showing and then want to show all. A true "toggle" would be silly in that case.
Ok, I stand corrected, valid argument against the toggle.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

OK, here is my proposal.

The word "listed" in both boxes is confusing or meaningless, and it can be removed.

Normally one would expect "listed" to mean the list of constraints. But no, it actually means the "listing" showing in the filter. That has never made much sense as the meaning of "listed".

Gene
rahmanshaber

Post by rahmanshaber »

@GeneFC What i experienced in any community, implementing new things takes time, so i just pointed the UX that already there so the fix will be faster.
I just want the task shrinked down. And only thing i see in the task UI is the DOF and sometimes i filter one kind of constrains to find the one i wanted. But that takes too much steps.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

GeneFC wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 pm In sketcher I often have some constraints showing and then want to show all. A true "toggle" would be silly in that case.
+1
(I tried above to express this. Thanks for making it clear.)
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I have proposed a solution for that already, there's no need for separate buttons.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:23 pm That's easy to solve, check the state before applying changes, if not all are visible make them all visible, then if what the user really wanted is to make them all hidden they just need to click again.
Sorry, I had missed that. And yes, I support it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

+1 on those widget improvement.
I'm not sure to be the best choice to do that though as I have a lot of stuff pending merging and the more I add the more confusing it gets.
Also it seems that Abdullah hasn't been around for 2 months and his plate was pretty full before he went AFK, so I'm not sure it's best to put that on him (though if he already discussed that in the past he might want to weight in).

Is there someone else that can get things merged in Sketcher who want do it?
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

Ok I'll have a look at it today as no one else voiced an interest.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

Ok this is somehow much more complex than anticipated.
Doing the UI changes is ok. But so far nothing's working.
The plan is simple following @adrianinsaval post.

1- Get rid of the comboBox and use the "listMultiFilter" which is the list that opens in a separate windows when you click 'select multiple filters'. With a show/hide button to collapse the filters. As adding checkboxes to the combobox seemed hard for not much benefit.

2 - Put the 3 settings as a menu to remove the window. Edit: This actually works now.

3 - Put show/hide as the first element of constraints list as a 'show/hide all listed' checkbox. Somehow I feel that this is going to be very difficult. And 1 and 2 don't work so yeah.
constraints.png
constraints.png (41.71 KiB) Viewed 1196 times