ExtremeProDark

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MisterMaker

Re: ExtremeProDark

Post by MisterMaker »

Fixed the link issue, it's a LOT darker again. And I don't know any not know bugs. So hopefully I can go back to my icons.
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

Light version! So smooth, but don't forget your sunglasses. 8-)
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

Extreme pro light is now available, I'll try to add it to the addon list as soon as I get time to figure it out again.
https://github.com/MisterMakerNL/ExtremeProLight
Screenshot:
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

You could consider adding it as part of the same addon, so that if one installs the single addon you get both preference packs available.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

@chennes I was thinking of adding different color styles to the packs. So might get a bit crowded having different colors and preference settings.

It's in the addon browser btw, first Light style which is cool!
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I noticed the radio buttons where broken so I fixed it.
Also the checkboxes are now black instead of blue. Looks a bit more boring but more professional.
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

MisterMaker wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:11 pm Looks a bit more boring but more professional.
“The whole point with type is for you not to be aware it is there. If you remember the shape of a spoon with which you just ate some soup, then the spoon had a poor shape.”
— Adrian Frutiger

;)
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I need some inspiration about the Python console and Report view, I now made them purple and black.
Black because it is a console output, and purple because it's not the console output. For the light theme it is pretty dark... But I thought this is for power-users and they just don't care.
Also if anyone has opinions about the tab bar, I am all ears since that is one of the big last things I want to fine tune.
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

MisterMaker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:51 am For the light theme it is pretty dark... But I thought this is for power-users and they just don't care.
For the light theme, I'd just make both white. I don't think they need a distinction via colors, their position distinguishes them already.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

MisterMaker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:51 am But I thought this is for power-users and they just don't care.
Also if anyone has opinions about the tab bar, I am all ears since that is one of the big last things I want to fine tune.
I don't use light themes so this wouldn't affect me, but if I where to use it I would find this very ugly and distracting. Report view is not for power users, errors are shown there, newbies would see that panel often. I suggest using light colors for both. At most the python console could be dark, but i wouldn't go with plain black but some shade of grey.
pathfinder wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:12 pm their position distinguishes them already.
their positions are not fixed, they can be docked anywhere.