Suggestion: Buttons to hide/show and active a part

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rahmanshaber

Suggestion: Buttons to hide/show and active a part

Post by rahmanshaber »

I know there is shortcuts for this but having button like this gives clear visual which part is active and which are not and hide/show the parts easily.
Screenshot 2021-12-30 184241.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-30 184241.jpg (30.27 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Suggestion: Buttons to hide/show and active a part

Post by adrianinsaval »

I know realthunder's branch already has the button for visibility, maybe you could ask him to make a PR for that. The button to activate a Part, is it really needed since double clicking on it activates it already?
rahmanshaber

Post by rahmanshaber »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:21 pm I know realthunder's branch already has the button for visibility, maybe you could ask him to make a PR for that. The button to activate a Part, is it really needed since double clicking on it activates it already?
I asked him, let's see. https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD/issues/241

As for the mouse double click to active a body, it's there. but it's hard to know which part is active just by making it's name font "bold". With a radio button it will be much easier to know which one is active (and also be easy to make a body active if user is using a touch screen).
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Yeah, sure. But that would be another rather big PR, which includes several new APIs for view providers to supply multiple icons and with their own mouse handling. The tree view has changed quite a lot in my branch. I'll give it a try some day.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal