ExtremeProDark

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD

Moderator: agryson

MisterMaker

ExtremeProDark

Post by MisterMaker »

The ProDark preference pack is in my opinion the best! And I am really thankful for @turn211 who made it but I need to make my own theme for my icon packs.
So I just took the code and I hacked my own together.
FreeCAD_cU16ybCGWD.png
FreeCAD_cU16ybCGWD.png (418.4 KiB) Viewed 638 times
The reason I worked on it was because I can incorporate my Icon theme's into a stylesheet with linkbranch and I need it if I want to use the workbench tabs where I am working on. Realthunder added some code that it would make it possible to replace the complete tab of the workbench with custom icons.
I also was a bit annoyed about the amount of space was lost by padding in the icons, screenspace I rather use for something usefull.
When I was done I compared it with no stylesheet, and it was pretty much the same. So I kinda just removed the padding on the icons. :D
I also did some minor tweaks like changing light gray to white on some places and minimizing the fold out icon space. And making the tabs a bit more clear from active to inactive. And the scrollbars are bit darker. Also red outline on the tooltip, which was totally an accident but I kinda like it now.
Below shot from Linkstage with my custom icons:
FreeCADLink_mAmZMp9E12.png
FreeCADLink_mAmZMp9E12.png (381.31 KiB) Viewed 638 times
I was thinking about calling it ExtremeProDark so people know it is like ProDark but more EXTREME. Maybe someone can make the lite version the S version and the light version too :lol: .
I have added the zip file but I have not tested it at all, so use at own risk.
Attachments
Stylesheets.zip
(12.88 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
MisterMaker

Re: ExtremeProDark

Post by MisterMaker »

I have put my files on a git, if it was up to me it can be added too the addons manager.
I am not really sure why the other [preference packs don't include the stylesheet. Maybe because it is in the main repro? I also included the overlay theme that is for Linkstage. Not sure if this is an issue?
Link:
https://github.com/MisterMakerNL/ExtremeProDark