default program font size

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tigleth

default program font size

Post by tigleth »

looks like an interesting program; cannot read anything tho; the default font is too small for me; how do u change the default font size of the program ?
NormandC
Veteran

Re: default program font size

Post by NormandC »

We need to know more about your system. Please read the "IMPORTANT : Please read first before asking for help" topic at the top of this forum which provides information on what details we require.
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Yes, it is not like Blender where you can set the font size in the preferences. By any chance do you have a high DPI screen?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

That was my thought as well, which may imply MacOS X. But since tigleth didn't give us any useful info, we're left to guesswork until we know more.
tigleth

Post by tigleth »

windows 7; 1280 x 1024; never considered changing default font size could be difficult; that I would have to study help forums to do it; does anyone know if it can be done ? the moderator allowed this post in; what does a blender have to do with my question ?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Peter was not talking about a home appliance, but the software. http://www.blender.org/
tigleth wrote:never considered changing default font size could be difficult
On Windows and actually most operating systems, default font size is not changed in the programs, but in the operating system's preferences. It's not in FreeCAD you should look, but in Windows settings. All you can change in FreeCAD is the icons size.
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Is FreeCAD's font size different than any other program on your computer? Can you post a screenshot of FreeCAD and Windows Explorer?
tigleth

Post by tigleth »

yes ; the menu is fine; cannot read anything else; thank u all for your help; the program is unusable for me; in all programs i use i make the font bigger; this program is better for people with good eyes
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Sorry to hear that. I assumed that changing global settings in Windows would increase font size in all programs including FreeCAD. Can you confirm that's what you did?
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

tigleth wrote: the program is unusable for me
Sorry to read that. If you would kindly do these two things it would be a big help to us:
peterl94 wrote:Can you post a screenshot of FreeCAD and Windows Explorer?
NormandC wrote:I assumed that changing global settings in Windows would increase font size in all programs including FreeCAD. Can you confirm that's what you did?