FreeCAD equivalent to "Pull" in Fusion360

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
IgnisFlamme

FreeCAD equivalent to "Pull" in Fusion360

Post by IgnisFlamme »

Is there an equivalent to the pull function in Fusion360?
Specifically, I'm looking for a function that does this https://youtu.be/XT0p7tVqUfA?t=98 in FreeCAD.
Bance
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD equivalent to "Pull" in Fusion360

Post by Bance »

I have no idea what you are talking about, I can't be bothered to follow the link because you can't be bothered to follow the rules.

See this link:-

Important
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

FreeCAD doesn't have such freeform modeling, you would have to model these surfaces manually using add-on workbenches like Curves and CurvedShapes or model this e.g. in Blender which is more suitable for stuff like that. Then you can import the mesh to FreeCAd if needed.
jeno
Veteran

Post by jeno »

NewJoker wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:30 am FreeCAD doesn't have such freeform modeling, you would have to model these surfaces manually using add-on workbenches like Curves and CurvedShapes or model this e.g. in Blender which is more suitable for stuff like that. Then you can import the mesh to FreeCAd if needed.
The aim of that pull-tool in F360 is to replace a existing mesh with a set of t-spline surfaces. The tool "shrinkwraps" the spline-surfaces as close as possible on the mesh surface regarding postion of vertices and the curvature of the triangulated mesh shape.
Afaik there isn't a tool like that available in freecad

cheers